Prophesy Record spawn rate issue?

AnricatAnricat Posts: 11 ✭✭
in Community Forum Feedback #1 latest comment 18 October, 2020, 11:28 pm.

Was there an issue with Prophesy Record foundables today? I played for over three and a half hours, used four Tonic For Trace Detection, drove around, went to multiple parks, used four trace charms, and STILL ended up four short to complete the task. It shouldn’t be that hard. I’m so disappointed not to finish. This is the first community day in recent memory that I’ve been unable to finish.

Comments

• merc014merc014 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #218 October, 2020, 04:08 am.

Same here. The community days and wizarding weekends lately have been absolutely awful about making sure the spawn rates for task-related foundables are reasonable. I walked around for hours (in a heavily urban environment) saw hundreds of ministry spawns. And still only got to 28 prophesy foundables by the time the event just ended as I played down to the wire. It's been incredibly frustrating and I don't even plan on playing the October community day now because why be disappointed by poor game mechanics again?

• RachH25RachH25 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #318 October, 2020, 04:56 am.

Same problem. I still have a couple hours left and am about to use my fourth tonic for trace detection and have already gone out to several different places that are very trace heavy. I've also used 4 trace charms on prophecy record traces. I have 17/20 flock of interdepartmental memos so I'm hoping to finish those. But I'm only at 18/30 provost record and I've already accepted that it's not going to be possible to get 12 more in two hours at the rate I'm encountering them. It's really frustrating though to spend so much time and resources on the event and have that one task prevent me from getting any of the books or other bonus rewards. I started playing this summer and am only on level 32 so I'm in desperate need of both DADA and spell books. And, of course, coins, energy and XP are always useful. For a one day event, the goals need to be achievable (either lowered number of foundables to collect our higher spawn rate). I've also been stuck on SOS tasks for a couple months now because of a bug with mystery items dropping, so the game is becoming really boring. The events are really the only thing that keeps me playing, and if they continue to be so unwinnable, I'll be done with the game soon.

• dayostephdayosteph Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #418 October, 2020, 06:22 am.

It is ludicrous, I played for over 4 hours with pink traces and still ended up 6 short of the prophecy records. Maybe Niantic has forgotten but many communities are still on lockdown, and we can't just go for a stroll to get more spawns. This is not the way to encourage more play and spending. I'm so ticked that i spent $ for potions and still couldn't get the community day traces to pop. Poor showing Niantic.

• TygerDaveTygerDave Posts: 1
    #518 October, 2020, 04:16 pm.

Same. Played more than I wanted to, had less fun than ever, and still didn't finish.

Today I have popped in several times to return what's around and it's only been 2 or 3 event foundables.

Bleh.

• sdcanuksdcanuk Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #618 October, 2020, 07:20 pm.

I used 6 Tonic for trace detection and still ended up 9 prophecy records short. I even travelled to where there are more traces, so that didn't help. This was the first event I have not been able to complete.

• MariettaBMariettaB Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #718 October, 2020, 11:28 pm.

Yes!! Ugh it’s been so frustrating. Using all my resources and spending ALL DAY playing to not even be able to finish the events! Game developers— it shouldn’t be that hard, it should be FUN. The effort to pay off ratio is way off.