Can you reduce instances for knight bus?

C4ssiopeiaC4ssiopeia Posts: 8 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 26 October, 2020, 04:12 pm.

Please?

There’s never anyone in there. Every time I want to fight I’m going in and exiting 10, 20+ times (doesn’t matter how many times), I can rarely find other people and almost never in the dark chambers.

Comments

• ScarletB12ScarletB12 Posts: 84 ✭✭
    #216 October, 2020, 11:01 pm.

Agree!!!! It's so hard to have a good challenge.

• RelariannaRelarianna Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #318 October, 2020, 04:14 am.

I agree. I was thinking it would be better if the initial knight bus wasn't the server but just a lobby. Once you click on the room, it takes you to a listing of different rooms for the level you chose and shows you what professions are already in each room. It would take the guess work out of what room to go in. Another nice feature would be a better way for friends to come together in the Knight Bus.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭
    #418 October, 2020, 08:13 am.

I agree. We have lost nearly half of the people playing this game (due to failed bug fixes, lack of support, and horrendous events) and those of us that stick around are not doing challenges as much, due to being forced to complete boring, monotonous, grind-fest events; just to make progress in the game.

Since there are far fewer players in the night bus, we need less rooms, so we can find teams.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    #518 October, 2020, 09:15 am.

https://www.reddit.com/r/harrypotterwu/comments/gi0cn0/feel_free_to_join_our_knight_bus_discord_server/ get into this or a similar KB discord server and you'll be ok w ppl and beaconing/searching to find groups that you can actually talk to via voice in discord, I have my own discord group and we play nightly and w 5-7 ppl we never have to reply on randoms we cant even communicate with and most of the times they either freeload or play horribly (profs that det hex their own foes and dont pass shields or proficiency, aurors that dont hex or pass focus, magis that dont revive or make bravery and so on). Discord is the (only) way to KB really, but yeah they should either reduce KB instances to make beaconing+searching easier or finally give us a friends lobby (for free not like pogo remote raids w limited paid passes ****)

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #626 October, 2020, 04:12 pm.

A few ways to improve the Knight Bus experience without tampering with the fortress itself:

1. When you get on the Knight Bus, the conductor asks which stop you want: Ruins, Tower, Fortress, Dark. Just sorting people into Fortress instances by desired level of play might be enough to make team formation with strangers viable.
    2. Allow people to invite friends into a Fortress instance. (Not a battle, just the instance.) Disable this feature if too many people are there, or if there are too few playing and this instance needs to wind down. I'm not going to spend ten to forty minutes beaconing just to fight one or two battles, but I might easily hop in with a friend for a battle or two with a mix of friends and strangers.
    3. When people get on the Knight Bus, let them use Marauders Map charges to look for friends and join them. (Add a profile toggle to let people play invisibly.) Making this charged should keep the computational impact of looking through online friends reasonable.
    4. Decrease the number of Fortress instances taking new players if too few people are playing. (I assume this is already done, but perhaps the algorithm needs to be revisited with current data.)
    5. As other people have requested, add a confirmation to leaving the Fortress. So frustrating to find a group to play with and accidentally hit that X when trying to join the next battle.
    6. Let people complete images in the Registry without leaving the Fortress, perhaps through the already-existing Diagon Alley back door.

Fortress battles are the most interesting part of the game, especially team battles, which are both easier and give better rewards, but if I have to spend a half hour jumping on and off the bus, and in and out of battles, to maybe fight a single team battle, most days I don't bother with anything but the Ruins unless I happen to see a chamber filling - and even that's no guarantee, as people drop out if the profession mix is bad.