October Brilliant Event - Darkness Rising Part 2

13»

Comments

• RadretiredRadretired Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #6223 October, 2020, 02:43 pm.

Dark Rising 2 is a definite improvement over recent events. I was able to complete the tasks in ~ 3 hrs. The bonus task of 45 brilliant was a bit much though. I previously stated that I would not pay to play until the tedious boring events improved. I’m happy to say that improvement has occurred and I hope Niantic will continue on that course and listen carefully to the comments listed here.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #6323 October, 2020, 09:25 pm.

this even was a significant improvement. The 45 BE Foundables usually isn’t a problem. It was more difficult this time because of spell energy. I don’t think I conserved much energy from the 100 drop in difficulty but at I at least feel like they listened.

• GatorelaGatorela Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #6424 October, 2020, 12:51 am.

I do not see the reason of having brilliant event xp as a reward for a bonus event. If we are done with the event why not give rewards that would be useful going forward.

• WidzWidz Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #6524 October, 2020, 01:21 am.

It helps to geht to level 65* for that brilliant event

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    #6624 October, 2020, 06:19 am.

HUGE sigh. Got through it. First BE in a long time where I'm not going to max out the family level. Refusing to touch another BE foundable now that I'm done. Too much SE for zero reward. I'm a maxed auror and professor and this plus week 1 was just stupid.

• BramblePipBramblePip Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #6724 October, 2020, 10:02 am.

Yet another tedious event. Spawn rate too low even with TTD on (no TTD ingredients showing) very little energy on the map yet we need loads to take out each dark wizard etc. Very high collection figures demanded. I am only playing to get the spell books at the end but it's just not fun any more. I used to look forward to playing - about 2 months ago it was perfect (except for not giving you a foundable every time you battled a fortress, that would make it perfect) but now you have stuck us with these super hard, tedious tasks. The flares that indicate the strength of traces are totally messed up. It's just not fun any more. Please sack whoever thinks that this is a good idea before you lose all your players. Go back to where you were (except add the foundables on the fortress thing - it's hard enough to complete them anyway without it being a 20% chance of getting one)

• NavikNavik Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    #6824 October, 2020, 06:18 pm.

This is a makes people frustrated... Been like this all day. TTD and all... No progress because what you need doesn't spawn. TTDs are getting low stock because ingredients stopped spawning as much, and the last several attempts of completing special events took its toll.

Of course, another point of frustration is there isn't any communication from the devs on the weekends, which is when most of these events occur. It's really sad because I want to follow the storyline, and was really excited when they started advancing the storyline, hinting how the calamity can be controlled, and may be controlled by multiple entities... But part 1 I didn't get any storyline because the event was just horrible... And looking at this event, I might be able to get one or two blurbs of story.

#6925 October, 2020, 12:50 am.

Another day, and zero witches. And of course, no response.

• NickelNifflerNickelNiffler Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #7025 October, 2020, 04:04 am.

The TTD is clearly broken. So is the thing which duplicates it—you said the charms would at least yield one of the same Foundables it’s cast on. It does not. Furthermore, why doesn’t the TTD work? I’ve been all over town running errands and saw elderly family (from a distance). It doesn’t work no matter where I am. I get 2 BE Foundables. Them 15 witches is impossible!

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭
    #7126 October, 2020, 12:37 am.

Did anyone else notice that the Brilliant Snatcher in the registry looks nothing like the one in the Trace encounter? I don’t know why but that just bugs me. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26 #7226 October, 2020, 01:03 am.

I thought of the snatcher in registry is like going to make up artist before take a "picture"

And the one we encounter is the stressed and have sleepless days for overworking job being target sand bag for us (he has black circle around the eyes right?)

• SpecialivySpecialivy Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #7326 October, 2020, 07:43 pm.

I have completed my Magi training and level 49. I have been playing since January 2020.

• Thank you for making changes for Darkness Rising Part II. For me, it was more pleasant.
    • I have only seen 6 Young Harry Potters since January and was only able to snag 3 of them. Any hope for more? That is my only page that still has a wooden frame 🙁
    • There is NO game activity, ok maybe 1 ingredient and 1 foundable per day, at my house. I have to drive to various places and play in my car. It’s good to get out of the house. If I wake early and don’t want to wake my husband, I am often rewarded by a beautiful sunrise and Oddities!
    • Like others here, I find the devs/programmers less than nimble adjustments disappointing, but I have sort of gotten used to them. I don’t spend money (ok, I did dish out for keys in the dragon challenge, darn it) on the game and have generally learned to let the inconsistencies roll off my back. The only reason the problems bother me is that they may be too discouraging to new players. I, like many other passionate players here, really want this game to thrive, not just bump along. Aim high folks! If I were 30 years younger, I would learn to program and come help 😉
    #7427 October, 2020, 02:41 pm.

Finally got the last witch I needed this morning (though text was talking about cursed candles? O.o)

I might be able to squeeze out part 4, but won't be able to even attempt bonus.

It's not for lack of trying either, the event is just balanced wrong. BE spawns should not compete with normal spawns, they should be just as plentiful, so you should be seeing twice the spawns than you normally would during these events, you know, bringing excitement, giving players things to do? Not just fighting against a lopsided RNG and tasks designed to hold you back.

• HeidivDHeidivD Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #7527 October, 2020, 06:57 pm.

Where did my gift go??? Saved it till I needed it... The event is not even over but the gift disappeared from the store an hour ago!!! 😭

• wthKamikazewthKamikaze Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #7627 October, 2020, 08:16 pm.

@Specialivy Young Harry is coming this weekend for the Halloween Event. Waiting patiently myself!

• HannagerHannager Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #7727 October, 2020, 09:13 pm.

@HeidivD Did your clocks change this last weekend? I had the same thing, expected the event to end at the usual time but it was an hour earlier to align with the US timezones.

I didn't even collect all my rewards from finishing the bonus tasks 😢

• NotesdoveNotesdove Posts: 3
    #7828 October, 2020, 05:27 am.

I’ve obtained 5 port keys none registered

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    #7928 October, 2020, 10:46 am.

@Notesdove Did you put keys in 5 portmanteaux and walk them until they were ready to open? Or did you pick 5 portmanteaux up off the ground?

• Aline1210Aline1210 Posts: 1
    #8029 October, 2020, 01:40 pm.

I collected 5 Borgins but the game only gave me credit for 1 and I was unable to finish the last challenge - why did that happen?

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭
    #8129 October, 2020, 07:37 pm.

@Aline1210 Because you didn't place the image 5 times. You needed to place 5 images from that page, not get 5 Bogrin fragments. It pays to read the description of the task properly. Please take note of this, since this task is repeated nearly every Brilliant event.