October Brilliant Event - Darkness Rising Part 2

Comments

• wthKamikazewthKamikaze Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3220 October, 2020, 09:18 pm.

@hpwulola I had another thought about the TFTD Potion. If I recall correctly, the drop in Event Foundable Spawns may coincide with the pandemic change that "turned off" the "Family Registry Flags" found on the map. Not sure I'm naming them correctly, but tapping the flag highlights an area that attracts more spawns of the particular flag type. Maybe the TFTD issue is an unintended consequence of that action?

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited October 20 #3320 October, 2020, 10:06 pm.

@DUSTYRUNNER Except, they didn't really get rid of the BE Family XP requirement, they just changed it. Collect 4 Brilliant Darkness Rising Runestones will require at least 121 XP, which is still a slog with each of the foundables still being only 3 XP.

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #3420 October, 2020, 10:43 pm.

@MotherOf2Lions If you don't collect the BE runestones while you are doing the first set of tasks, that helps. I collected 3 runestones immediately upon starting the second set of tasks. I'm not saying the event is easy, and I don't know if it's playable from home. I started playing at a large park, and saw absolutely no BE foundables until Iv used my first TTD. But by the end of my second TTD, there were more BE foundables than I could collect without being able to replenish energy. So far the first 2 sets of tasks have been much better than the last BE for me.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    #3520 October, 2020, 10:59 pm.

And also first task have reward 50 BXP isnt it? My place doesnt have spawn spot so only from TTD. From 2 TTD first task and reward i collect 2 runestone upon second task set.

I thought anyone else could break tru bonus tasks by day 1. 🤔

• Subject6Subject6 Posts: 1
    #3621 October, 2020, 12:19 am.

I've returned, thus far, a total of 11 Dark Wizards, yet the task list says I've only returned 8. The other 2 tasks are finished, so I should already be working on the second set of tasks. And, agreed, the fact that I have to spend 4-5 spell energy to return one is ridiculous. For reference, I'm currently level 31. And when I used TFTD earlier I found a ton of Snatchers and Poachers, but hardly any Dark Witches/Wizards.

I also have a major issue with Wizarding Challenges that makes doing them in a group absolutely horrendous. My phone is, admittedly, not the best, but 9/10 times if I'm in a group I'm lucky to be able to even go up against 1 foe. I'll select one and buy the time it's loaded I'll get a message saying it's already in combat and I get booted back to the chamber without being able to do anything. I'll be in a chamber with 5 players and 20 foes to defeat, but not be able to defeat a single one because of this. It's infuriating, and unless it's on a task list I immediately leave the waiting area if I get there and find other players. The fun is completely taken away, which sucks because I enjoy them otherwise.

And I agree with what many others have said- it seems like the dev's just don't care. I play this because I love the HP world, but it's almost more frustrating than it's worth at this point.

• BalthazarHuffsBalthazarHuffs Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited October 21 #3721 October, 2020, 12:30 am.

Ok

I haven't even started playing and I'm SUPER MAD

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TYPE OF BUG WAS RELEASED NOW, BUT I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO ENTER TO THE GAME, when I click on the icon the screen just turns black and nothing happens, I waited for 30min and NOTHING.

I HAVE TRIED WIFI, PHONE'S NETWORK, CHANGING TO A DIFFERENT NETWORK COMPANY (by changing the sim card), EVEN TRIED TO OPEN MY ACCOUNT IN A DIFFERENT DEVICE AND IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE

Was my account banned or I just have the worst luck ever????

@hpwulola @HPWURiver @HPWUTeam

• falconicfalconic Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #3821 October, 2020, 01:09 am.

Brilliant foundables do not appear on the map like they used to in the last past. Only when using the tonic for trace then they do appear. This is not a secret event that you have to use tonic for trace to reveal hidden brilliant foundables. Pls improve the spawn rate for normal gameplay.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 965 admin
    #3921 October, 2020, 01:15 am.

Hey @BalthazarHuffs, is it possible you are seeing this bug:

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/10328/2-15-with-android-10-black-screen-with-only-menu#latest

Please view that thread for troubleshooting tips, or use this form to contact support:

https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/hpwizardsunite/?p=web&contact=1

• NavikNavik Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    #4021 October, 2020, 01:30 am.

The resource cost is too high. Stock has been depleted because of these horrible past several events with no chance (or ingredients) to rebuild. Not enough energy is spawning.

I'm disappointed, I've been trying to follow the storyline, but since this last BE was so horrible, I didn't see any of the new story. It's just a chore, again.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    #4121 October, 2020, 03:48 am.

@hpwulola whats the point of having last weeks brilliants in part 4 if they do not generate the notes. I’ve only pulled notes from the witch and wizard. Yet the title of that task is generic to all brilliants!

• Jonetski60Jonetski60 Posts: 5
    #4221 October, 2020, 01:43 pm.

@hpwulola I am trying to finish 4/4. I have opened at least six Borgin images but task page all the time at 4/5 and I can't finish the page. What to do?

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    #4321 October, 2020, 03:21 pm.

@Jonetski60 Did you place them all after getting this task? Any you placed before won't count to the task.

• mszzajmszzaj Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #4521 October, 2020, 04:48 pm.

This BE is more fun in my opinion. Thanks! 👍🏻

Spawn rate of Dark witches is very low though, probably due to weather warning (snow), after 2 TTDs on step 3/4 I’ve captured 9 of 15 ... lots of wizards, poachers and snatchers around but no witches ....

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    #4621 October, 2020, 05:03 pm.

@Jonetski60 I read that task again. You need to PLACE one of the four images (witch, wizard, stone hand or Borgin) a second time. You're not asked to return 5 Borgin fragments.

#4721 October, 2020, 07:26 pm.

@Jonetski60 , that page wont completely fill until you finish the event. The task is simply adding 5 stickers, did the witch and the wizard, then did the stone hand three times. If you placed the sticker prior to getting to that specific section of the event it did not count. Just run through a few of the runes in the low chambers, you will grab three stone hands pretty quickly and finish the task.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #4821 October, 2020, 07:47 pm.

I’m definitely enjoying this event more than part 1 and the community days. I have to agree the spawn rate is abysmal. I played for 2 hours straight. I walked for 40 mins and used at TTD at home. I got 4 witches total. I got none during the 40 min walk and I live in a high spawn area. I don’t feel like I can’t complete this event though. I don’t see how it’s playable at home. I’ve managed to get up to 8 witches after spending 15 hours in part 3. There’s significantly more wizards, poachers, and snatcher that I have to constantly check in search for witches. I don’t catch any of the others so I don’t burn through SE.

edited October 21 #4921 October, 2020, 08:23 pm.

I’m beginning to wonder if it’s just a spawning issue, I’ve had no problem with finding witches. Using the TTD I pulled enough at my house to make it challenging but not too easy. On my walk to the local part I found them free roaming without the TTD and more plentiful with one running. Overall it’s light years better than part 1, and the crazy weekend of the make-up community days.

im assuming the spawn relates to the energy distribution on the ingress model. Since both PoGo and HPWU utilize the backbone created by ingress, take a look at the intel map for ingress and focus your play around the greatest concentration of the XM energy (White Dots) mostly concentrated around the portals, but also random on the map in clumps.

www.ingress.com/intel

not sure if I can post that here, but since this game was built off of it, it makes sense to me.

shoot my bad, you literally have to go into the ingress game to see the XM distribution, not the intel map.. it’s been a while, I got mixed up

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #5021 October, 2020, 09:04 pm.

@ENTRAINED You're right; when I got to that task, I got 3 runestones fairly quickly as well.

I don't think we can be successful playing solely from home. I went out for a bit yesterday, and got a lot of spells and BE foundables. While playing just in my house; there's hardly anything, including spells on the ground.

• WillowgoddessWillowgoddess Posts: 2
    #5122 October, 2020, 04:27 am.

I am trying to figure out how to get level 4 borgian and Burke's page images. I have tried challenges, the wizard being tower, traces and everything and none have appeared that is the only thing left in level 4 that I need. I have worked very hard and even bought the wizard ing challenge book at Barnes & Noble and nothing is in there about it either. Please help before the time is up

• WillowgoddessWillowgoddess Posts: 2
    #5222 October, 2020, 04:31 am.

How do I obtain the 5 borgian in Burke's page images that are needed to complete my level 4. I have tried the wizard ing tower, challenges, traces and everything I can think of even the portmanteaus do not show them up in the spar

• Jonetski60Jonetski60 Posts: 5
    #5322 October, 2020, 04:50 am.

@Lycindelle Yes I did. I put a new key and walked 1,5 km many times but the count stayed all the time 4/5 and is still the same.@hpwulola

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #5422 October, 2020, 04:50 am.

Not a single witch.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    #5522 October, 2020, 07:32 am.

@Jonetski60 if you only rely on portkey to finish the 5 image task then you need 5 x 5 portkey (because 5 portkey is = 1 image).

Thats a really long walk except you use silver keys. 😬

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #5722 October, 2020, 05:12 pm.

@Willowgoddess The task to get Borgin and Burkes images means to place an image (sticker) on the Brilliant Event Borgin and Burkes registry page 5 times. You do this by collecting enough foundables of an image to complete a star, then touch the image to 'place' it. For example, catch 20 dark wizards or witches (the event registry page will show how many you have caught out of 20), then touch the dark wizard or witch to place the image and reset the count. Each image can be placed multiple times after the first time, when it develops its' picture like quality. If you do fortress challenges in the Ruins chambers with the runestones from this Brilliant Event, you can collect Stone Hand fragments. You only need 3 of them to place an image. I hope I understood your question and answered it.

• wthKamikazewthKamikaze Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #5822 October, 2020, 08:09 pm.

@Jonetski60 Look at your Brilliant Event Bourgin and Burkes page. Of the 4 items, Witch, Wizard, Stone Hand, Bourgin, which one do you need the least of to place the image again? Your earlier post showed that you had 9/20 Witch, 9/20 Wizard, 0/3 Stone Hand, and 1/5 Bourgin. You have to place one of those images again. If your counts for those items are still the same, you need to get 11 more witches, 11 more wizards, or use the Brilliant Darkness Rising Runestones in a Fortress and get 3 more Stone Hands.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #5922 October, 2020, 10:42 pm.

How many "place 5 Brilliant x images" tasks in BEs? Sorry if it sounds a little harsh, but shouldn't everyone know what "place 5 Brilliant x images" means by now. Why do we keep having confusion about this task every event?

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6022 October, 2020, 11:13 pm.

@BenTiger probably because there are new players who haven’t seen the task before and the way it is written as are other BE tasks it can be confusing to people who don’t understand what HPWU is asking the players to do.