October Brilliant Event - Darkness Rising Part 2

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 26 October, 2020, 07:43 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Borgin and Burkes during Part 2 of the Darkness Rising Brilliant Event, starting Tuesday, October 20 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Giant Stone Hand - Wizarding Challenges
  • Borgin - Brilliant Portkey
  • Ominous Mask - Tasks
  • Brilliant Dark Witch - Encounter
  • Brilliant Dark Wizard - Encounter

Brilliant Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. 

Don’t forget to pick up your complimentary store pack which will contain the following:

• 6x Baneberry
  • 4x Bulbadox Juice
  • 4x Angels Trumpet
  • 2x Erumpent Horn
  • 25 Spell Energy
  • 2x Wormwood
  • 6x Bubotuber Pus
  • 4x Dittany
  • 2x Dragon Liver

Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭
    #316 October, 2020, 06:16 pm.

Not much for adjustments... looks like it will be another massive grind, full of many disappointed players.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭
    #616 October, 2020, 11:31 pm.

The XP tasks is not specific from brilliant traces/runestone (for challenge) isnt it?

So we could acquire it from another higher XP traces/runestones.

• OrovideOrovide Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #718 October, 2020, 04:41 am.

Removing BE-Exp task is good, but this feels like a continuaiton of "slow down" mechanics to incentivise buying more potients and energy, rather than making more clever aspects to interesting gameplay or at least cheeky wizardy discovery... not much interest here in participating in more grindy BEs... imho.

• RegulusPTRegulusPT Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #818 October, 2020, 04:48 pm.

Which foudables are going to be boosted?

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1018 October, 2020, 11:35 pm.

@ClairabusGryff your observations are spot on.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 123 ✭✭
    edited October 19 #1119 October, 2020, 04:01 am.

@hpwulola I’m not sure if it’s horrible RNG or maybe a slow down on purpose but the trace charm drop from chests seemed awfully light this weekend. With the sheer amount of chests I opened, I’d assume I’d find more than 3 trace charms. I can deal with horrible random numbers, but if you’re in fact able to throttle it back during events, and are doing so.. please stop...

• FireyswanFireyswan Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #1319 October, 2020, 04:27 pm.

Ok

Part 2 is going to be just as bad as everything else!!!

Developers of game just dont care!!!

Ruined game.

Not fun anymore.

Driving people away in droves.

I am not even going to play this next BE.

I had hoped it would be different .

I was waiting to see if Developers listened to players feedback....no they dont!!!!

I will not even open Wizards unite app for duration of event.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
    #1620 October, 2020, 03:42 am.

@BocaG Thanks for sharing this. That definitely is not the intention, I'll point this feedback out to the team.

#1820 October, 2020, 04:21 am.

@hpwulola this "competing" map items (traces, ingredients etc) had happened from long ago isnt it?

can we increase the item revealed threshold maybe?

or some dedicated slot items among the revealed items just for events only so it wouldnt be competing with another non event items?

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #1920 October, 2020, 10:06 am.

@Kodokmag: Yeah, I think this is a fundamental game mechanic so it was that way since the start. The game seems to simply have generic spawn points on which any stuff can spawn. Which means that if you increase the amount of energy that spawns you automatically decrease traces and ingredient spawns and vice versa.

What they actually would need to increase is the amount of spawn points; or reduce the refresh time for each spawn point; but then you still end up with the problem of unevenly distributed spawn points, so there still will be players that have not spawn points whatsoever...

Also, yes, seems like the XP are not bound to BE, but (@Orovide) there is still an intrinsic "get BE XP" task in round 2, because getting 4 BE runestones basically means you need to get 121-160 BE family XP. You get 50 BE XP from the first round, so effectively 71-110 BE XP, I guess? Should be much easier than last time around...

But the reduction in HP of the foundables seems mostly cosmetic. I'd still argue that BEs (excluding the bonus round) should not be a challenge at all...

• DustyrunnerDustyrunner Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2020 October, 2020, 03:19 pm.

Thank you for making the XP requirement generic and not family related, that coupled with the drop in HP for the oddities and the decrease in brilliant foundables required should make this week’s event much more enjoyable to those of us in rural/suburban areas. I might even get the bonus this time!!

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
    #2120 October, 2020, 04:03 pm.

@Orovide Perfectly said!

Anything they can do to slow appearance of traces to force us to buy more!

• sablknightsablknight Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2220 October, 2020, 06:09 pm.

Dark Witches I'm seeing are 600.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #2320 October, 2020, 06:14 pm.

@sablknight ive seen 600 also.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    #2420 October, 2020, 06:20 pm.

@hpwulola At least some of us are seeing Dark Witches as 600, not 500 XP as you stated in your post above. Can you see if they can fix it, please?

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #2520 October, 2020, 06:20 pm.

20 mins into the event and my first TTD and losing motivation watching my spell energy drain away.

• SeptimaLupinSeptimaLupin Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2620 October, 2020, 06:24 pm.

@hpwulola Is it the intention that the dark witch has 600HP?

• IschiaIschia Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2720 October, 2020, 06:36 pm.

I've only seen 1 witch and she was 600.

Again as in part 1, the task isn't recognising the amount of foundable collected. I have returned 11 brilliant dark wizards but my task only registers 9.

#2820 October, 2020, 06:39 pm.

i saw one dark witch just now, its 500.

fixed it?

• FiresnailFiresnail Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2920 October, 2020, 07:09 pm.

@Ischia I'm having the same issue. I've collected at least 10 dark witches and it's saying I only just got my 7th. Seems like when they fixed the XP, they sent that wonky now.