Taking over fight of team mate in fortress

EaglesWEaglesW Posts: 17 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 16 October, 2020, 02:29 am.

Hi,

Sometimes you see a team mate fighting a battle that he almost cannot win. Or that he is fighting an opponent that you are specialized in (due to better matching profession).

This while you are for example waiting for the last few battles to complete.

Wouldn't it be nice if you can indicate to the person in combat, that you are offering to take over his battle? To show that he may step out and that a team mate is willing to replace him?

I think this would be a great opportunity to make team play even more efficient and more socializing experience!

Regards,

Walter.

Comments

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #212 October, 2020, 01:54 am.

Agreed 100%.

As a magi, when another profession is fighting one of my favored, I tend to superfluously heal them to let them know I'm available to take it on... but it works rarely.

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #312 October, 2020, 11:32 am.

I bat bogey to let them know I'm free to take that dw or de. And if I get small amount of energy while battling something that's not my own, I'll always take it as a "come out, I'll take care of that". Except if I know that foe faints in 3 turns or less, then I don't come out since I don't think it's worth it.

• EaglesWEaglesW Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited October 13 #413 October, 2020, 02:01 pm.

Hm, that's good to know about the "signalling via small amounts of energy"! Because when I see someone low in energy in the remaining few fights, I try to assist him with those small portions constantly... not knowing that people take this as a signal.

And to be honest: this indeed shows the huge need for my requested functionality, because currently people apparently sacrifice a certain other function while that was of course meant for another purpose by Niantic!

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #515 October, 2020, 12:38 am.

I only take it as a signal if I know that there is someone proficient against that kind of foe just wrapping up their last enemy. Like if there's 1 acro not engaged and in chamber are 3 of us aurors and 1 magi plus 1 prof and prof was fighting wolf and magi was fighting acro, then I can go hitting the acro for a while and when I get energy I know there's someone better than me available to down that thing. Or if I'm the only auror and non of the darks come at first and there's not even an easier pixie for me, then if I go after something and get little energy boost it's usually a sign that there are my own foes now and I can come out to battle them, or that's how I take it. All kinds of in game chats and maybe even simple signal thingys could be abused and used to harrass people, so because of few (thousand it sometimes feels 😂) rotten eggs all of us have to suffer. It is what it is...

• Coridoni2Coridoni2 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #616 October, 2020, 02:29 am.

I agree that there needs to be some method of signaling (not messaging, for security reasons) a teammate when a more proficient teammate can take over a Foe. Perhaps if we could tap on the player's icon at the top of the battle lobby to switch on a flashing red light in the battle screen?