What is your profession?

TaikuriSetaPasiTaikuriSetaPasi Posts: 9 ✭✭
in New Players #1 latest comment 13 September, 2019, 12:49 am.

Let's see who's who and if you like, you have post an answer as well and tell why you chose the profession you currently have.

Also comment if you have already changed your profession and why 😎

What is your profession? 32 votes

Auror (The protector from dark arts)
43%
HPWUgeorgemi7adDigitalisCassasauresrexValorshuWerewolfChaserAnnabeth776655ScreaminJHTaikuriSetaPasiM79GryphusBlackHerm10neG924GsDadBormacska 14 votes
Magizoologist (The healer and caretaker of magical beasts)
15%
CraeftPyro1456StardustinaSeremelaImaginatio 5 votes
Professor (The jack-of-all-trades in the wizarding world)
40%
HPWULOLASpahzZookiTabookiMommaDeeveeFireNightingaleMightybeagleOverflow4487ArtymerlGlimmermirAcumenCytopeAchenQnngMauiwes 13 votes

Comments

• TaikuriSetaPasiTaikuriSetaPasi Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #216 July, 2019, 09:49 am.

I have chosen Auror because it felt like a good idea at the time. Also I'm playing with my family so we have all three professions on our crew. I have also found out while playing that Auror is important part of a fortress team effor against dark arts. 🧛

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #316 July, 2019, 02:17 pm.

I love playing healer typically, but I don't get to go out with other people except occasionally with my room mate so might be switching to a more solo friendly profession. Haven't decided yet. Still building magizoologist first though.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    #416 July, 2019, 02:43 pm.

I chose Professor as this role closely represents my preferred play style. I like looking after the team.

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 98 ✭✭
    #516 July, 2019, 02:48 pm.

Auror. I felt this would most closely fit my playstyle as I don't expect to group much in challenges. If I were, I would have chosen Magizoologist as I generally heal in group games/MMOs.

Ironically if I were role-playing and choosing to suit my personal nature, I would have gone for Professor.

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    #617 July, 2019, 12:56 am.

Professor. On a personal level I enjoy teaching. For gaming I tend to end up playing solo and it looked like the Professor class would work out well for this. I did underestimate the difficulty of advancing this class but I think it'll be well worth it in the long run.

• Annabeth776655Annabeth776655 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #717 July, 2019, 04:03 am.

I love Auror. To be honest I only chose it because it sounds cool...My second choice would definitely be professor!

• TaikuriSetaPasiTaikuriSetaPasi Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #823 July, 2019, 07:59 am.

Seems logical that professor would be the most popular one as it is described everywhere as the profession to choose if playing solo.

It seems that more value should be when playing in teams versus solo? Or what do you think?

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    #923 July, 2019, 10:05 am.

I normally play a healer role but this game is predominantly solo for me. I know all classes can solo at higher levels but after years of gaming it's time for me to be a hard hitter.

I do have excess scrolls that I've been putting into Magizoo but I won't be spending any red books there though.

I've calculated that I need 528 scrolls for my fundamental training. Any excess can safely go on a new profession.

• GlimmermirGlimmermir Posts: 75 ✭✭
    #1023 July, 2019, 01:38 pm.

I had no tactical reason at all to choose professor - I'm just a know-it-all at heart so it seemed natural!

#1123 July, 2019, 02:29 pm.

@TaikuriSetaPasi I honestly thought when I started Auror would be the most popular due to its notoriety in the books. I personally debated going Magizoologist due to their high up and buffs before I chose Professor because I like to teach lol

In regards to team play you should receive extra challenge xp vs playing solo. There are also some Achievements under the SOS tab that apparently call for you to battle with a team... I wouldn't know personally though as I still can't find all my Doxys... :-/

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    #1223 July, 2019, 02:58 pm.

@CytopeAchen I have one more Doxy to find, talk about elusive.

#1323 July, 2019, 03:16 pm.

Yes they are and apparently if you say "I need some freaking Doxys" while at a public park people think you're on drugs... My wife got a good laugh out of it but my 4yo was a little upset when his new friends suddenly had to leave lol

• Pyro1456Pyro1456 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited July 23 #1423 July, 2019, 06:20 pm.

I chose magizoologist because I love supporting my teammates, and caring for magical beasts. The only issue is that I don’t have anyone near me to participate in fortresses.

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #1523 July, 2019, 07:19 pm.

Started as magizoologist, switched to professor halfway. :) currently building the second tree!

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #1626 August, 2019, 10:08 pm.

I went with Professor as (a) I'm a soloer and it sounded like best class for that, and (b) I like the idea of my character being a professor.

I originally thought it would be a lot harder to advance than the other two, as it needs a lot more restricted section books, but it's currently sounding like red books are the bottleneck at the moment (and that's certainly my personal experience too, that those are the hardest to come by.)

I don't see me switching professions when the profession page claims 'More lessons coming soon'. If I manage to acquire all my skills then I'll stockpile scrolls, etc. for future lessons rather than learn Auror and Magizoologist as well. If you were able to have the skills from multiple trees active at the same time then there might be some point, but scrolls, etc. are too hard to come by for me to spend them on essentially duplicating what I've already done when I might one day need them to further what I currently have (even if that's years off, if spending them now won't benefit me other than satisfying my completist desire to get all the achievements, I'll hoard them!)

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    #1711 September, 2019, 10:37 pm.

Auror!

• mi7admi7ad Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited September 12 #1812 September, 2019, 12:44 am.

Because I liked the Auror's skill tree and DPS role. I love it now. Level 12/34.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited September 12 #1912 September, 2019, 12:56 am.

Professor.

In the muggle world I'm a goldsmith. My favorite compliment from a customer after completing a ring sizing (every other jeweler turned down) was...holy crap I didn't know they had metal work classes at Hogwarts. To which my boss replied. " She teaches metal arts at Hogwarts!"

So professor!

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #2012 September, 2019, 12:58 am.

Professor.

In the muggle world I'm a goldsmith. My favorite compliment from a customer after completing a ring sizing (every other jeweler turned down) was...holy crap I didn't know they had metal work classes at Hogwarts. To which my boss replied. " She teaches metal arts at Hogwarts!"

So professor!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    #2112 September, 2019, 04:51 pm.

Jack of all trades has been my role in IT for 20 years. So yeah, professor seemed natural. I'm not the best teacher though. Pushing the enter button when I'm not entirely sure what will happen makes me giggle, even when the stakes are high. Don't be like me.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #2212 September, 2019, 08:08 pm.

I chose it strategically after reviewing everything every profession is capable of. It seems the best fit to me in game. I honestly love being an Auror. IRL, if magic were real, I like to imagine I’d have been a magizoologist. Though, not unlike what an Auror would do, I do have a murder board for the London five despite the scant information. I’ll solve this case. Just you watch.

Raise your hands if you wish that, in the hopefully not so distant future, when proper hover boards are commonplace, we could be quidditch players. That would be lifelong dream come true.

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    #2313 September, 2019, 12:49 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion i have been playing niantic games by skateboard for years. if the streets in this town i have been in the past few months werent mostly made of tar that bubbles and melts daily in the heat i would be playing potter by skateboard - soon enough.

you bet if hoverboards become a thing i am on board! i am sure we could find some drone pilots to run the snitch and bludgers.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #2413 September, 2019, 01:06 am.

@DigitalImpostor lol with streets here more potholes than streets, or just straight up dirt roads, I cannot skateboard unless I want head trauma. Definitely need to fly above them like the dude who flew across the channel from France to the UK on a hover board.