October Community Day

13»

Comments

• OrovideOrovide Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #6219 October, 2020, 04:23 am.

for both of these community day events, I saw the list and did not even want to log into the game. Still did a tiny bit, but played normally. From the fire in this thread, I'm glad I did not go for the tasks!

• mszzajmszzaj Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited October 19 #6319 October, 2020, 04:34 am.

After 4h playing using TTD and all extimulos + new brewings, I still only had about 1/3 of the foundables and couldn’t finish. Not enough spawns.

Saturday’s reason to not finish was the lack of Prophecy records, had 19 of 30 after about 6h playtime during the day.

I really hope there are lots of ingredients today to brew potions for the BE tomorrow. Baneberrys were nowhere to find yesterday ...

Two days with missed books ... not great or motivating to continue ....

• EmUh58EmUh58 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #6419 October, 2020, 04:50 am.

Unless I pay for spell energy and constantly use TTD I cannot succeed in this game anymore. Even when I DO use TTD none of the rare event necessary foundables show up. Does Niantic no longer understand there’s a Pandemic? Far too many of us That are Immunosuppressed Or immuno compromises, emerging into a world of social distancing where masks seem semi-optional to the people around us, is not really a risk we can afford.

• Willow8121Willow8121 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #6519 October, 2020, 05:58 am.

I got very few spawns with my trace potions for the October community day requirement traces never got it completed wasted countless potions potent exstimulo potions felt like water all of them plus baruffios and trace potions took 4 plus hours to brew departed even with potions blew through tons of energy never finished the event even easy stuff wouldn’t die took 5 plus energy to **** energy was sparse on the ground for pick up was a crappy community day was exceptionally bummed feel like I lost my 400+ energy and wasted all my coinage and potions grrrr

• FireyswanFireyswan Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #6719 October, 2020, 09:55 am.

This CD was a disappointment. Very few George and Fred. This game used to be so awesome. Now it is a huge drag.

I do not prestige registry to gold any more....

Why?

I have several gold pages where it takes 55 foundables to place image for a reward of just 9 ministry manuals. The requirements for obtaining ministry manuals... when so many are needed to move through the sos development ...are just horrendous. Talk about unachievable.

Some of sos tree is broken... they "Niantic "wont fix.

There a few places where a wizard has a choice on which way 2 go ...when you get to common node ...you cant unlock it need the previous node unlocked 1st....

Game just isnt fun.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    #6819 October, 2020, 12:18 pm.

Could the two CD events have been combined into the two days? PokeGo has multiple challenges open at the same time.

• BalthazarHuffsBalthazarHuffs Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited October 19 #6919 October, 2020, 02:36 pm.

Well, I really want to congratulate the @HPWUTeam for making such a good job with the SEPTEMBER community day, but I also want to congratulate you guys for such a DISASTER with the October community day.

I guess that you REALLY understand and know how to make the game nice, because every time you say "make up" it's a PERFECT thing, so, you DO KNOW that what you're making for "regular" gameplay is terrible.

Let's go step by step comparing both community days.

1.- The spawn rate of the September CD was on point, foundables everywhere, lots of Newts and Veils, the TTD were very useful, nonetheless, on the October CD the spawn was rubbish, I barely saw the Weasley brothers, I only saw the Vomiting thing and Lee Jordan, but the Weasleys? They were M.I.A., super disappointing.

2.- Increased chance of fortresses foundables on the Sept. CD was extremely well done, it was the ONLY possible fragment to get from the challenges, as promised, it was done. BUT then it came the scam of the Oct. CD, where there were supposed to be increased the chances of getting the Weasley's page foundable, and it was the ONLY ONE THAT I DIDN'T GET WHEN DOING THE CHALLENGES, I completed the Hogwarts express, the 9 3/4 sign and even the bus, but not even 1 bloody fragment from the box, I mean... You had promised the increased change of getting it, or maybe it was really a DECREASE and we didn't get the correct info.

3.- Even though I said I liked the SEPTEMBER CD, both had tasks that were very difficult to achieve from home, gladly the TTD worked on Saturday, but on Sunday was USELESS.

I really don't know whose brilliant idea was to place 2 CD together? @hpwulola or @HPWURiver?

Because it really doesn't make sense.

As I told you guys (players) in the September CD announcement, we shouldn't have kept high hopes, because they ALWAYS do something NEFARIOUS after they do a tiny little good thing.

And now we are going to start the brilliant event, let's see if the spawn rate is decent and the foundables are actually on the map.

Anoooother thing, I was also able to go out on Saturday for a couple of hours, so I guess that is the reason why I had great spawn, but it shouldn't be like that BECAUSE WE ARE STILL UNDER LOCK DOWN, so, still not really adapting the game for "at-home-playing", and well, on Sundays is strict lock down in the city where I live, going out means being arrested, so... No thanks.

I was really happy to see the spawn increased on Saturday, but then all the hopes and good feelings were destroyed on Sunday.

This was bad, extremely bad.

Think twice before releasing this types of tasks, as I have said in previous posts, take some time off to re-think and re-plan your events, because this path that you're taking is the incorrect one.

P. S.: Still waiting for the black screen and flairs fix.

• PeachesPolliwogPeachesPolliwog Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #7019 October, 2020, 05:45 pm.

Phew! I actually, FINALLY finished yesterday’s Community Day. I gave up and never finished Saturday’s. Sunday it took me 19 TTD, 686 spell energy, and at least 15 exstimulo potions. The spell energy number doesn’t even count for the spell energy I picked up on the map and used. It just reflects my start number and then when I filled back up again while driving around. The actual number is probably closer to 900. It came down to two final Proprietor Fred’s; two TTD used and didn’t get a one. Almost gave up. This is crazy for a Comm Day to take this much time, energy, and potions. I didn’t finish yesterday’s because I gave up because the foundables just weren’t there. I’m a daily player and it makes me sad to say but I may take a break because these requirements to get the “win” are just making things not fun. It’s just not worth all the time to play. Niantic, please stop killing the game.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #7119 October, 2020, 06:12 pm.

I agree with others... both of these were ridiculously time and resource consuming. I finished, because I'm a completist like that, but I'm still a little angry about how long it took. If you're trying to turn people off, you're doing an excellent job.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
    #7219 October, 2020, 07:12 pm.

Please let us choose whether we want Peculiar Portmanteau or regular Portmanteau. Throwing in some regular portmanteau won't hurt players who want the peculiar reward, but would make community days more enjoyable for those of us who would rather have a chance at a Young Harry Potter fragment.

• Jinx1978Jinx1978 Posts: 1
    #7420 October, 2020, 12:26 am.

At the end of the October community day event I had 11 skiving snack boxes, this morning I am down to 5 of them! What the heck! I had picked up enough portmanteaus to be able to get a green star after walking them off, now I don’t have enough. Where are my snack boxes????

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #7620 October, 2020, 03:59 pm.

I am a day one player and have never missed or not completed an event. But Sunday’s CD I couldn’t complete. One - the fortress battles were supposed to give the skiving snack box as a reward and I played around 15 battles and didn’t get a single skiving snack box which I needed to prestige the page. So basically I was blocked from proceeding by the snack box not being available like it was supposed to and communicated by the HPWU team. So I thought ok I will still play and burned through 8 TTD’s and went out three different times but still I was no where near completing the event. The last TTD I used only brought one event trace to it. So I knew the odds were stacked against me and I couldn’t complete it. Not to mention in one week I only found one erumpent horn on the ground so I am almost out of TTD potions to begin with after this past weekend.

Two - the rewards for the events are deplorable and quite frankly a bit of a slap in the face. Serious, three DADA books? That doesn’t buy a single SOS node. Some of the nodes are 100 DADA books. At the current rate it would take between 4-5 months to gather enough books for one of these lessons.

This was such a disappointing weekend and the amount of resources needed to ATTEMPT to complete the two events was absurd to say the least not to mention advertising the event as “play from home” is a bold faced lie. I went out both days 3-4 times and the Saturday event took me 13 hours to complete of which I was actively playing around 10 hours. CD’s used to be three hours and should never take longer then three hours to play and complete.

I don’t know what is going on at Niantic but if the business plan is to run off all of the money paying loyal players then I would say that you guys are doing a fantastic job of accomplishing that goal. This new style of game play is not sustainable and I know I am not the only one looking for another game to invest my time and money into. Which typing that actually breaks my heart as I have been playing for 16 months straight without a single day off. Unless something changes and changes soon the number of players that leave the game will continue at a very fast pace.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭
    #7720 October, 2020, 05:23 pm.

@ClairabusGryff I have seen several people complaining about fortresses not giving increased Open Skiving Snackbox fragments. I asked in this thread earlier where they had seen that they were supposed to and never got a response. I never saw that anywhere, only that Portkeys would reward them. Where did you see that? Somewhere official?

#7820 October, 2020, 10:47 pm.

@CeruleanGirl quite honestly I can’t recall where seeing that information and. Could be wrong on it. So I don’t want to say without a doubt that I am not wrong because I may very well be Mis-informed. But to play as many fortress battles as I did and not get a single snack box fragment tells me it was blocked like a few weekends ago when you could only get the Kncokturn Alley sign.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭
    #7920 October, 2020, 10:58 pm.

@ClairabusGryff I did get a couple in Fortress battles during the Community Day so it wasn't blocked. I had to get most of the ones I needed from Portkeys, though. It was just way too frustrating trying to get them in the Fortress, just as it is with all of the Fortress foundables. I always seem to get the one I don't want!

• ShepherdOwlShepherdOwl Posts: 1
    edited October 21 #8021 October, 2020, 09:12 am.

Niantic - you win. As a paying gamer, I've given up. You win. It's impossible to finish events or community days so have fun without me.

PS I've noticed over 75% of my in game friends have quit playing, too - that's those who were recently playing, I already dumped out those who weren't playing much since the new Dada books were unveiled.. Good luck keeping those few players in your future endeavors

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #8121 October, 2020, 11:09 am.

@ClairabusGryff : Probably just a case of RNG. Depending on which chambers you did, out of 100 players doing 15 challenges, 13 (Ruins 1), 6 (Tower 4) or 1 (Dark V) will not have gotten the snack box. So, this isn't even terribly bad luck.

I understand that you felt completing the quests was too difficult, and I would totally support making these tasks waaay easier.

That said, I have a question: On one hand you are unhappy with not being able to complete the event. However, on the other you acknowledge that the rewards were not actually great to begin with. So, after all maybe it wasn't too bad that you couldn't complete it? Would you feel better if there wouldn't have been any quests at all (i.e. nothing to complete)?

#8221 October, 2020, 07:24 pm.

@HalloMami you have a very valid point that not completing the event was no skin off my teeth. However, being a completionist and having completed every prior HPWU event before it hurt my OCD to not complete it but I didn’t lose any sleep over it because what did I lose? 3 DADA books which won’t buy a single node!! Oh well...

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #8323 October, 2020, 03:15 am.

@CeruleanGirl apologies for not replying earlier, I’ve been busy this week, so I haven’t been checking the forum much these past few days. I’m going to have a lot of threads to go through later.

Regarding the snackbox foundable being increased as a reward from fortresses, I was going by the information mentioned in the @Orangewizard graphic below.

Since the graphics are supposed to be made using information given from the HPWU team, the assumptions would be that the information on them is correct. Plus the graphic for the September community day also mentioned an increase in the fountain foundables from fortresses (which was the case for that CD) and that I don’t think was mentioned officially by the HPWU team on the forum or in the game either.

Not sure if this was due to a communication error or because there was a glitch or something else, but I was hoping to be able to get a bunch of snackbox foundables from fortresses after seeing that graphic. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case for the October CD.

@ClairabusGryff @HalloMami I guess it is possible for them to skip the tasks for CDs while restrictions are still in place in countries. CDs originally didn’t have any tasks, they were just there to give a chance for players to complete pages, the tasks were introduced later. It would give also give a break for those who find that there are too many back to back events with tasks in them. And to compensate the rewards, they could increase the rewards for the tasks in the weekend events.

#8423 October, 2020, 03:40 am.

Thank you @Imaginatio for clarifying for me what I thought I had read somewhere! It is quite possible I wasn’t correct but I swore I read somewhere that the skiving snack box was a fortress fragment that was an almost guarantee. Which I never got one of them and I was 3 short of placing on that page.

Which in all honesty makes me more frustrated that it was advertised and then it didn’t happen like the WE a few weekends ago. Seriously- can they even remotely get it together!! 😤