Not using protego in fights

MangelaManMangelaMan Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 13 September, 2021, 05:39 pm.

I've found it a waste of spell energy to use protego at all. Most of the time I am fighting in fortresses with Magizoologits who can buff and heal me, so it's pointless to use On the other hand, in the wild, nothing is such a big threat that I would need to use it. I end up saving my energy and taking the damage fully. Especially in level 1 challenges.

Am I the only one?

Comments

• DuchockDuchock Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #303 July, 2019, 03:41 am.

I didn't know Protego used up energy! I live around an abundance of Inns, so I suppose that's why it's never been a concern for me.

As far as a reason to use it - there is an achievement for using Protego an absurd amount of times, so each cast will slowly work towards someting at least...

• TitchyhillTitchyhill Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #803 July, 2019, 05:53 am.

Found the same thing especially for lower level chambers/oddities. Have watched the energy in bottom right go down when casting protego against oddities and battles so stopped using it.

Still use it in higher level ones as it's needed.

• PkfyrePkfyre Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #903 July, 2019, 05:55 am.

Protego does not use energy.

• LongestbottomsLongestbottoms Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited July 2019 #1003 July, 2019, 06:44 am.

I just double checked with the last Erkling I fought as an Oddity, and Protego didn't use my spell energy. Not sure if fortresses are the same though.

• DrJonisDrJonis Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1103 July, 2019, 01:01 pm.

Protego has never used spell energy, period. Don't know how the OP can be confused about this. It's as simple as looking at your spell energy before defending yourself.

• WUPPA88WUPPA88 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1203 July, 2019, 01:37 pm.

I have never looked at my spell energy before casting Protego, so I can see why OP didn't know it doesn't use energy. I only check before I go into a fortress to make sure I have enough to get through one full battle. I only knew because I had read it before in a different forum. It actually is very logical to think that casting a spell costs spell energy; the only other spell in the game that doesn't cost energy is Accio.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1303 July, 2019, 01:39 pm.

@Robbierut thats a fab strategy! I hadnt thought of doing that- thank you 😊

• MangelaManMangelaMan Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1404 July, 2019, 12:04 am.

I assumed it used energy. I still don't bother using it in lower level battles

Thank you for your comments

• WynnPixWynnPix Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1513 April, 2021, 07:21 pm.

It definitely used energy initially after release. I didn't realize until just now that it doesn't anymore. Oy!

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1614 April, 2021, 12:18 am.

Protego never used energy. You dug up an old post from 2 weeks after the game was released, and even then multiple people were pointing out that it doesn't use any energy.

• JosieBellerJosieBeller Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #1713 September, 2021, 03:24 pm.

It does have me wracking my brain trying to remember when on Earth we used Accio….

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1813 September, 2021, 03:31 pm.

@JosieBeller the curve you do in inns to get the 'food' is the accio spell.

• JosieBellerJosieBeller Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #1913 September, 2021, 05:39 pm.

Ah, gotcha! Thank you!