September Makeup Community Day

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 947 admin
edited October 9 in Announcements #1 latest comment 20 October, 2020, 03:40 am.

Witches and Wizards,

September Community Day is all day Saturday, October 17 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time. Make sure your paperwork is in order and step inside the Ministry Atrium!

This Community Day you can look forward to the following:

• Special Assignments focused on returning Ministry of Magic Foundables to the Ministry Atrium with rewards including Potions, Spell Books, Ingredients and DADA Books.
  • Increased sightings of Foundables from the Ministry Atrium Registry page.
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal more Community Day Traces, only takes 1 hour to brew, and its Master Notes will reduce brew time by 50%.
  • Increased chance of Mad-Eye Moody, The Veil and Ministry Employee Newt Scamander Traces from Tonic for Trace Detection.
  • A special 1km Portmanteau that rewards Ministry of Magic Family XP and a chance at Ministry of Magic fragments for Fountain of Magical Brethren.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• OGMagusOGMagus Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #208 October, 2020, 06:26 pm.

WUtuber WizardPhD says Fortress rewards will be boosted this day: Spell Energy, increased FXP + WXP , guaranteed fragment from Forest 4 and above. "I double checked" - why is this not in the offical announcement?

• LazarusLexLazarusLex Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #308 October, 2020, 06:35 pm.

In game news says portmanteaus will also reward with fragments for wizengamot chair and visitors entrance, what info is correct?

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #408 October, 2020, 09:21 pm.

I'm going to try to post orangewizard infographics...

#508 October, 2020, 09:26 pm.

Alas room of requirement. Hopefully the 3 infographics will get approved soon.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭
    #608 October, 2020, 10:42 pm.

any spell for quick open the room of requirement? LoL

• bhos316bhos316 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #709 October, 2020, 03:52 am.

Who schedule these Comm Days: Niantic or WB Games, cause this is scheduled on the same day as Pokemon Go Community Day? There are people that play both games, and would like to fully participate in both.

#809 October, 2020, 07:42 am.
    #909 October, 2020, 07:42 am.
    #1009 October, 2020, 07:44 am.
    #1209 October, 2020, 09:34 am.

i hope it is really really increased: there are 2 RR class foundables

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9 #1309 October, 2020, 07:22 pm.

@hpwulola nevermind, as soon as I posted, it went back to top. Maybe my computer was having a moment...

• falconicfalconic Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1410 October, 2020, 01:29 am.

This is crazy. 2 different community events back to back. Is too tiring. Why not concurrent 2 community days over 3 days?

#1513 October, 2020, 09:30 pm.

i hope there will be no surprise task change

• BalthazarHuffsBalthazarHuffs Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited October 15 #1615 October, 2020, 05:07 am.

I'm not getting any hopes up. And If I were you guys, I wouldn't either.

Probably they'll change it on Friday and justify it as some "mistake" happened and "ups", so don't be so sure about the info.

Or they'll say that it was never intended and will blame the poor content creators, such as the WUtubers and the wonderful Orangewizard.

They still haven't even apologized or given any make up gifts for all the "mistakes" they have been making.

And @hpwulola stop saying that ": To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are."

You and the team know that it isn't true, you are very aware of the situation that many cities are going through, it's been said several times on comments and you can do research to confirm it, but clearly, that's not gonna happen and of course, our messages are brutally being ignored.

What could be done? MAKE A FAIR SPAWN RATE FOR EVERY COUNTRY. I have played in 3 different countries, and I noticed a HIGH difference and a BIGGER SPAWN when playing in another place, COINCIDENCE? I don't think.

Another thing, if there's an event (brilliant, community day or Wizarding Weekend) with "boosted foundables" THOSE ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT SHOULD APPEAR with the TTD, I have the nefarious experience of activating a TTD during brilliant events and not getting ANY brilliant foundables. Again, COINCIDENCE? I don't think.

Let's tag @HPWUrobert just for sport.

• AzgandutAzgandut Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1715 October, 2020, 01:17 pm.

I would like to have a confirmation that TTD will take 1h to brew and this is not a copy&paste from the previous event.

Thank you

edited October 16 #1816 October, 2020, 10:20 pm.

To me (after SOS upgrade + master note) TTD brew time its about 20-ish minute.

Just not enough baneberry now. 😱

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1917 October, 2020, 04:13 am.

Well, this Community Day is off to a swell start - 8 Ministry of Magic foundables popped up right after midnight, but NONE of them are the ones that count toward the tasks. I'm wondering if its even worth the effort given that I have the Ministry Atrium page at gold with all images green starred already...

• JobeeJobee Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2117 October, 2020, 09:42 am.

Looking like for once I am not going to complete the quests. Really disappointing, used all my TTD,s trying to get my last 13 prophecy records. Here in lockdown in Melb, Aus there is no spell energy on the ground and no prophecy record foundables to be had. Not looking forward to oct community day on Sunday. I have nothing left in my supplies and am reluctant to buy more.

• AlieanaBlottsAlieanaBlotts Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #2217 October, 2020, 09:45 am.

Tonic fTD is not brewing at one hour and master notes is not lowering to half hour.

• falconicfalconic Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2417 October, 2020, 11:24 am.

Stuck on prophecy record. 30 is too much. Trace charm does not really show it because it will show others. Possible to reduce it or extend the event?

• EmilieFranceaEmilieFrancea Posts: 1
    #2517 October, 2020, 11:34 am.

I'm still stuck on prophecy record. Waste of my trace potions and trace charm as the spawned foundables are everything else EXCEPT prophecy record! Would greatly appreciate if the event can be extended for one more day, or reduce the total amount required.

• bhos316bhos316 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2617 October, 2020, 11:58 am.

Also at the part where I need Prophecy Records. Is this event trying to make me miss Charmander Comm. Day on purpose?

• SashaCleerriSashaCleerri Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited October 17 #2717 October, 2020, 12:28 pm.

I'm finally in somewhere a bit remote where several hundred meters to the left and right are a green house and a fortress with no inn im sight.

Future suggestion for the comm day or wizarding weekend:

Can we please make it an OR instead of collect certain specific foundables as it is frustrating having to rely on TTD just to show mad eye moody, newt, ministry employee and little to none departmental record or paper planes.

so I think would be better to just say collect 50 common ministry of magic foundables, 30 high ministry or magic foundables and so on.

This will make it less frustrating to anyone, especially those in remote areas with no inn nearby.