800 HP, 3 family exp?

TommyDaGreatestTommyDaGreatest Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 7 in Game Events #1 latest comment 08 October, 2020, 11:29 pm.

What exactly was the thought process behind giving an event mob 800 HP and only rewarding 3 family exp upon defeat?

Do you have any idea how long this event will take to reach Rank 65, or to just even get the fortress foundables, considering you can do several in a row without fragments?

The last event was grindy enough, now you make an even worse one?

Events are meant to give value and a break from normal gameplay and advance the story, but recent events just try to lock players to the game for days with no escape if they want to finish everything.

They are not fun anymore.

Either lower the HP drastically or raise the family exp to 15-20 per catch. This is unbearable and magical energy wasting.

Comments

• LobLob Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #308 October, 2020, 01:19 am.

Yes. It feels more like torture. Not fun!

• Starbuck1892Starbuck1892 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #408 October, 2020, 06:47 am.

I can only guess that Niantic makes a field test to find out how far they can go to keep players in the game without introducing real new content. They will increase the level of grind in each event until players are really stop playing. For me that level is now reached.

• TeeStormTeeStorm Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #508 October, 2020, 02:12 pm.

The family XP grinds in the recent events has led to me completely quitting the game. If they do something again that is ACTUALLY fun and challenging (like the dragon event), I’ll pick up and play again.

• crazylikeafox11crazylikeafox11 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited October 8 #608 October, 2020, 07:36 pm.

I'm a maxed out magizoologist. These snatchers attack so much that they've gotten me down 90-120 hp before I can finish them off (meaning my hp goes from 525 at max to 400-ish). That's not missing any protegos and attacking when I can. They just attack5-6 times in a row so you can't get a hit in on them.

I remember when I first started and it took me months to be able to defeat a horned serpent . Those are 200 hp but they kept killing me until a friend helped me level up my profession. If a 700 hp snatcher is doing that much damage to me at my max, lower level players surely don't stand a chance. Poor new players are probably googling how to defeat these baddies and no one is telling them the tricks and tips they need is to upgrade their profession and/ or use a bunch of potions.

700 hp on a single brilliant foundable is too much and these are too strong for new players.

• Jackson744Jackson744 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #708 October, 2020, 11:06 pm.

its going to take me most of this event to get to 350 family xp. burned all my invigoration draughts on the wizarding weekend, and never even saw enough of one of the foundables to complete the event. It was the first event I had not been able to complete. Now I'm not seeing the ingredients I need to make more invigoration draughts, so I can't get more poachers and snatchers to get to 350 xp. I'm about done with this, its no longer fun.

• OrovideOrovide Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #808 October, 2020, 11:29 pm.

"This is ... magical energy wasting." I agree with you and feel that this is exactly the point. This event is designed to use more energy, potions, and silver keys = higher incentive for people to buy those items (remember, they just added a convenient way to buy potions in combat). I did not get the 500 FXP last BE, though I tried, and I'm not even going to attempt the 350 needed here. Almost more than the energy drain is the in-person time drain.

I do not blame the company for wanting to make money, but I put more money into this game early on when it was exciting (oh, and the OP trace charm was exciting) than I will under the current gameplay; I am highly averse to buying energy and spending time in the repetitive combats like this BE.