October Brilliant Event –Darkness Rising Part 1

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 19 October, 2020, 07:07 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Knockturn Alley during Part 1 of the Darkness Rising Brilliant Event, starting Tuesday, October 6 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

Part 1

• Poison Candle - Wizarding Challenges
  • Mulpepper’s Apothecary Sign - Brilliant Portkey
  • Giant Black Spider - Tasks
  • Brilliant Snatcher - Encounter
  • Brilliant Poacher - Encounter

Brilliant Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. 

Don’t forget to pick up your complimentary store pack which will contain the following:

• 6x Baneberry
  • 4x Bulbadox Juice
  • 4x Angels Trumpet
  • 2x Erumpent Horn
  • 25 Spell Energy
  • 2x Wormwood
  • 6x Bubotuber Pus
  • 4x Dittany
  • 2x Dragon Liver

Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• laterpoohlaterpooh Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited October 2 #302 October, 2020, 08:51 pm.

Does this event weekend affect Fortress rewards? Each chamber I've received Dark Arts rewards for only gave Knockturn Alley Signs. The "possible rewards" only shows the signs and not the Magic is Might or Riddle Gravestone foundables. Is this a glitch or intended?

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭
    #403 October, 2020, 01:29 am.

@laterpooh You are posting on the wrong event. Your comment is in regards to the Wizarding Weekend.

Yes, Knockturn Alley Sign is the only foundable that you will be able to get from Challengers, when using Dark Arts runestones. This is how it has worked every Wizarding weekend.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #503 October, 2020, 03:44 am.

Going to try to post orangewizard infographics. Here's hoping they post, instead of going to the room of requirement🤞

#603 October, 2020, 03:47 am.

Alas earwax

#703 October, 2020, 03:48 am.

Any way stay tuned for infographics to post after approval

#803 October, 2020, 06:11 pm.
  • KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭
    #903 October, 2020, 06:57 pm.

bonus assignment?

• laterpoohlaterpooh Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1003 October, 2020, 10:21 pm.

@BenTiger I just realized this when I came looking to see if there was a response and couldn't find my original comment. My apologies.

#1104 October, 2020, 01:54 pm.

@Kodokmag just posted bonus tasks. I went to the room of requirement.

#1204 October, 2020, 03:37 pm.
  • Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 133 ✭✭
    #1505 October, 2020, 02:34 am.

@BalthazarHuffs because, people will be exercise now, if you want more you can see next update game behind sneak peek here : https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/update-20200929/

(Prediciton can be next in november)

And portkey 1/2 km will be no more again now.

Anyway, HBD Niantic Hub too.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5 #1605 October, 2020, 02:54 am.

@Yohanes12 That is PoGo. This is HPWU. They both use Niantic's AR framework, but this game is also partially managed by WB/Portkey, so you can't assume that all PoGo changes are the same as HPWU changes.

You also completely missed the point of his post and my post previous to his.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #1705 October, 2020, 08:57 am.

Well, @Bentiger, technically you could walk 5 of the 1(2) km portmanteaus instead of the 1.5(3) km brilliant portmanteaus and still get the foundable. But yeah, I agree, strange and kind of pointless choice....

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    #1905 October, 2020, 08:32 pm.

They are really pushing the Wizarding XP in this one, aren't they?

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    #2206 October, 2020, 02:10 am.

@Fireyswan No, the events should not only take 3 1/2 - 4 hours to complete. You have a whole week to complete the event. What would be the point of having that much time if you can complete it in a few hours?

Personally, I tend to finish it quickly simply because in Las Vegas, I like to stay home in my AC as much as possible, so I try to finish as much as I can in one or two trips to spend some time in my local POI/Trace hot spots. It looks like this event will take a little more time than they usually do, but still should be easily completed in the week we are given.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #3106 October, 2020, 06:50 pm.

I'm a maxed Magi, it's taking me 3-6 spells to return each brilliant foundable. And for only 75 XP?! Will the SOS Training General Spell Mastery skills help cut down on that?