October Wizarding Weekend

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 13 October, 2020, 07:50 pm.

Spend a weekend defending against dark magic and rounding up Dark Arts Foundables!

From Friday, October 2 at 11 a.m. PT–Monday, October 5 at 11 a.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Special Assignments focused on returning Dark Arts Foundables with rewards including Potions, Spell Books, Runestones, Spell Energy, Silver Key and DADA Books.
  • Increased sightings of the Magick Moste Evile, Thestral, Portrait of Voldemort, Percival Graves and Tom Riddle Foundables on the Map and from Tonic for Trace Detection.
  • Players have a chance to receive a Dark Arts Runestone after returning event Traces.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• OGMagusOGMagus Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #230 September, 2020, 11:08 am.

Seems like ALL Foundables on this page will be easily available, making prestiging highly attainable. Excellent!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭
    #330 September, 2020, 11:59 am.

I saw an update at playstore,

Is it safe?

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    #430 September, 2020, 05:33 pm.

@Kodokmag I downloaded it last night and it seems fine. I have an iphone though

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭
    #601 October, 2020, 01:27 am.

any detail task yet?

i hope there isnt any deadly task... LoL

• CartaphilusCartaphilus Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited October 2 #1102 October, 2020, 10:25 am.

For me this event is just about book harvesting. My Registry is fully inlaid in gold. Perhaps I still need a couple of stars...

I need DADA' s for further progressing in the SOS trees. At his moment I'm out of options...

Still I'm looking forward to it...

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    #1302 October, 2020, 06:25 pm.

Also, just curious, why does a Dark Arts centered event have Magizoology Runestones in the the Ministry Supplies Bundle for sale in the shop? 🤔

• GunzarGunzar Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #2102 October, 2020, 07:23 pm.

@hpwulola anything to say?

• BrightlingBrightling Posts: 1
    #2202 October, 2020, 07:35 pm.

Are we only going to be able to return knockturn alley signs in chamber battles? That's the only item returning in Wizarding challenges for me no matter what chamber or number dark arts runestone I use. When choosing a runestone and clicking on the ... afterwords there are no chances for any other item on dark arts pages.

• HR12900HR12900 Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #2602 October, 2020, 07:46 pm.

Same. Same to everything that’s been said. Just SUPER disappointed that we won’t be getting a shot at some rarer DA foundables. Is there going to be an explanation for this...or are we supposed to just take it and be grateful? 🙄

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    #2902 October, 2020, 08:21 pm.

@AccioSparks204 Just wondering, where did you see that? Did they post about it in another thread?

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
    #3002 October, 2020, 08:24 pm.

@CeruleanGirl It isn't a bug. It was a poor decision. This is how Wizarding Weekends are. They are designed so that you can get some of the rare foundables. They are designed so that you cannot prestige the page multiple times, so they always leave out one or two foundables.

Since their graphics showed the those found on the map, they chose to keep you from prestiging multiple times by making Knockturn Alley Sign the guaranteed fortress foundable. In order to do that for weekend events in the past, they changed the other two to Emergency foundables. This is how it has been done up to this point and this is how it will likely continue to be done.

Usually, if people want to prestige twice, they make sure that they have the unavailable foundables already collected by the start of the event. OrangeWizard included the incorrect info in their Graphics and Discord managers announced the info based on the graphics, so it led to a lot of confusion and poor planning. As these people don't directly work for Niantic, Portkey, or WB; the responsibility for the false information does not fall on to the HPWU team. So, there will be no changes to the event.