FPS lower on Android vs iOS

LuxServusLuxServus Posts: 1
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 23 September, 2019, 05:45 am.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just some setting I'm missing, but I've noticed that my Samsung S8 runs the game at a lower/slower frame rate than my sister's iPhone 6. The iPhone animations are very smooth and it's very responsive to spell casting, while the S8 seems very slightly more choppy and less responsive. It's still playable, but seems strange to me. It's obviously not a matter of less powerful hardware in the S8 vs the iPhone 6. I've downloaded game assets, disabled the opening animation, checked background apps, reduced the resolution the game renders in using the Samsung game center tools and used developer mode to fiddle with the anti-aliasing setting. Nothing has improved performance. Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Siepz94Siepz94 Posts: 1
    #219 July, 2019, 01:01 am.

Yes, I've noticed the game has smoother animations on older iPhones like the iPhone 6 vs my Galaxy S10 Plus (Exynos).

It's actually quite interesting. I'd go as far as to say that the android version of the game is capped at 30FPS whilst the iOS version is 60FPS.

Niantic should really improve this.

• ildarMIFildarMIF Posts: 1
    #319 September, 2019, 02:01 pm.

Moreover, I noticed that my IPhone X has low frame rate, but daughter’s IPhone 8 - full 60 FPS.

• KreaturezKreaturez Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #423 September, 2019, 05:45 am.

I noticed that the difference in caused by the battery saver option turned on./off.

Turn off for best frame rate.