Magizoologists are you sleeping?

Eleanor001Eleanor001 Posts: 75 ✭✭
in The Knight Bus #1 latest comment 09 October, 2020, 04:56 pm.

Ok I may sound a tad bit unpleasant but I've been playing a lot of wizarding challenges especially due to the 7500 wizarding XP task of this week's brilliant event and this is really what I've felt.

Being an Auror I've noticed Magizoologists just don't play. Guys you have a proficiency against Beasts. Aurors and Professors can't hold their own against Elite Acromantulas and other beasts especially when their dealing with their own foes.

Problems:

- They just sit out. Maybe because they think they can help heal when they are on the outside, but guys come on that's not the only power you have.

- Half of them don't even help or activate their charms. We have to keep using healing potions to cope up.

- Because they don't defeat foes in time we don't get enough focus to help the other players on the board. And Aurors have the ability to transfer focus to help but we're so low we need potions to put both charms on and Professors need a lot of focus for the team enhancing charm which is very helpful when going against foes.

No one wants to carry extra load its draining in more ways than one- spell energies, potions, and battery (phones heat up pretty much when you're continuously swiping your screen).

So please guys, be active and play. We need you guys.

Comments

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭
    #424 September, 2020, 05:51 pm.

@Kodokmag I am an Auror, and not a new player. I've been playing since the beginning but only started playing team fortress battles when we got the Knight Bus. I am a Wizard level 50 and have the max for Auror level. I have tried to read up on playing with a team, but somehow I missed this tip about Aurors using the confusion hex on Erklings for other players. So thank you for mentioning this and I'm sorry to any players I've played with who might have been frustrated by my not using it! Even older players can learn something new!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    #524 September, 2020, 06:24 pm.

@CeruleanGirl well, only magizoologist that struggling to fight their own foe. LoL

no potion that counter dodge.

high damage, high defence and high stamina foes can be counter by healing and extimulo potion (which now can be enhance by SOS training).

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭
    #725 September, 2020, 01:09 am.

@Lucoire That makes a lot of sense.

• Eleanor001Eleanor001 Posts: 75 ✭✭
    #825 September, 2020, 11:14 am.

@MellieMutsie I'm sorry you've felt that way. This was a good way to open up discussion about all professions though and I hope more Aurors, including me, can help you out in the chambers.

As for why they go for erklings or spiders- I've noticed that as an Auror if there are no more foes of my proficiency - say Dark wizards or Death Eaters, I prefer going for Pixies or Erklings and not Werewolves or Spiders because I have felt I can defeat them more easily. Going for a Dangerous Pixies or Erkling is easier than going for a Formidable Werewolf (even though they are curiosities and not beasts).

So I guess if we get out of battle and everyone else is occupied and no Magizoologist is battling with a foe of their proficiency, this is what I do usually.

#925 September, 2020, 11:16 am.

@Lucoire Huh. Thanks for that, wasn't aware of it!

edited September 25 #1025 September, 2020, 11:22 am.

@Kodokmag Yeah I've seen that too. I used to put the Weakening Hex before the Confusion Hex. I realised it late that you should do it the other way round, but yeah, there are times when there are like 2-3 Aurors and there still wont be enough hexes put out (because you can see if there is already one in place or not) and it's very frustrating when most just use it for their foes and don't go putting them around on other's - especially for erklings and pixies.

• JeroenixJeroenix Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
    #1125 September, 2020, 12:42 pm.

@Eleanor001

Replace the word "Magizoologists" with "people" in your original post and you have a point.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1225 September, 2020, 12:57 pm.

Another (set of) Sidenote(s):

• Acromantulas have no dodge, defense or defense breach. There's no point confusion-hexing them. They are the foes with the highest power so please weakening-hex them. Also: keep your hands off them if you're not a MZ.
    • In terms of Dodge/Defense/Defense Breach, Acromantulas and Death Eaters have none. So for MZ they are the ideal foes to engage if you ignore Proficiency/Deficiency.
    • Erklings have 0/5/25/40/60% Dodge (from Rank 1 to Rank 5). A fully powered MZ would therefore have 100/100/95/80/60% chance to hit them when they're not confusion-hexed.
    • Confusion Hex in general is useful against Erklings, Dark Wizards, Werewolves and Pixies. It is a waste of focus on Death Eaters and Acromantulas.
    • Weakening Hex is useful against Acromantulas, Pixies, Werewolves and Dark Wizards. It is a waste of focus on Erklings and Death Eaters.
  • LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    #1325 September, 2020, 03:27 pm.

@Lucoire I thought the confusion hex would not only keep foes from dodging but also weaken their defense. That way it would be quite useful against Acromantulas and Death Eaters as well.

Did I misunderstand something?

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    #1425 September, 2020, 03:47 pm.

@Lycindelle Acromantulas and Death Eaters have no defense, so the confusion hex is nothing but a waste of focus on them.

Although technically it is useful against Pixies for the dodge, Professors with all of their combat skills are unlikely do be dodged very often by a pixie, and their health is low enough that they should be considered the lowest priority confusion hex target, and lowest by a mile. Cutting the defense from a Werewolf or the Dodge from a Erkling is much more valuable, and I'm assuming the Aurors benefit significantly from cutting the dodge for Dark Wizards.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    #1525 September, 2020, 09:38 pm.

@Attrition Thanks for the clarification. You never stop learning.

I always had the impression that I'd deal more critical hits if an Acromantula was confused. Must have been some kind of placebo effect.

#1625 September, 2020, 11:31 pm.

@Lycindelle i got that impression too. dont know which hex or how many hex to triggered it. but its feel more critical hit occured when there's hex on them.

and also is there something like "reflect damage" kind of thing, at first i thought its just bat boogey hex from auror but its also sometimes happened when do challenge solo.

• SeaChleSeaChle Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #1827 September, 2020, 03:26 pm.

New fun thing I’ve had recently: two different Aurors (in setups where each was the only Auror for the team) that only throw hexes and do not engage foes. At all. They sit there with a Dark/Forest chamber full of DE/DW and they only lob bat bogey hexes at them, assuming we’ll just clean up their mess. One bat bogey hex after another. Ugh.

I thought I’d get the warning out for you to keep an eye out for these classy folks.

edited September 28 #1928 September, 2020, 11:41 am.

@SeaChle atleast yours were throwing Hexes around. I had a Dark Chamber with 3 Aurors and 1 Magizoologist, everyone left within the last 5 seconds of the timer! I tried another round with a Magizoologist only, 2 people Dark Chamber 5, I battled my foe and got out, turns out he left me with 13 foes to battle🤦🏻‍♀️

Lost 2 Level 5 runestones😭

I would have asked you to name these guys so we could avoid them but it will take less than a minute for them to change their usernames again.😔

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #2028 September, 2020, 11:51 am.

This is the chart on foes that confusion hex is useful against. Hope it helps 🙂

#2128 September, 2020, 02:24 pm.

I would have asked you to name these guys so we could avoid them but it will take less than a minute for them to change their usernames again.😔

@Eleanor001 And besides, name-calling and public shaming is a violation of the Terms of Service.

• Minervina19Minervina19 Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #2228 September, 2020, 04:13 pm.

It would be interesting if battles gave more xp to those who did more of the work (they would have to **** by players level), as well as adding hexes, healing, etc. It is frustrating playing a Dark chamber and having players leave or not participate, especially after having used potions.

My real pet peeve as an Auror, is seeing others take my Dark Wizards and Death Eaters and leave me with a godforsaken Werewolf!

I do love having the ability to play with others via the Knight Bus. It's a lot of fun when all 3 schools really work together. But as you've all mentioned, a real drag when you're stuck with a lot of slackers!

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #2328 September, 2020, 08:37 pm.

Interesting. I'm a magi and I would never do that! I find that professors are usually the ones I have trouble with. Last week, I was in a Dark V with 3 profs and just one elite werewolf left, and NONE of them would take it, even after I filled up all their stamina. And it seems they don't cast their team charms in a very timely manner.

• JeroenixJeroenix Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
    #2429 September, 2020, 09:19 am.

@MotherOf2Lions I 've had plenty of Profs charming no-one. And plenty of Aurors not passing focus to me when the need for power vs Elites was dire.

Really, this thread is inaptly titled and a generalization of an entire player class, one third of all players. Every class should fight their proficient foes, or the higher chambers might yield defeat due to time running out. An MZ's healing and reviving is nice, but only as an added bonus when they're in the lobby in-between beast fights.

• RavenPuffAlPalRavenPuffAlPal Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2502 October, 2020, 02:49 am.

One thing some MZs don't seem to know is that they MUST cast their "enhance against elites" charm, even if there aren't many elites.

This is because (fully developed) professors have their max strength and defense when triple enhanced.

Recently, my first attempt at doing my highest unlocked chamber (Dark V) was unsuccessful, because the MZ didn't do that charm, and we ran out of time. If that charm had been cast at the start, we probably could have won.

#2602 October, 2020, 03:18 am.

@RavenPuffAlPal as magizoo i'm aware of the enhancement requirement for buffing stat on professor. i usually cast bravery charm very early on (by consuming strong invigoration potion).

but later on getting input from professors from this forum, bravery is kinda late casting charm and not very much a must for professor.

as far as i know for full benefit stat buffing, a professor only need 2 enhancement and 3 impairment is it?

and there's away to get 2 enhancement very early on by using potion, and there's certain potion that give infinite +1 enhancement on fortress battle.

but indeed never cast bravery charm for entire battle is wrong, especially at higher chamber.

• HouseelfhelperHouseelfhelper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2702 October, 2020, 04:27 am.

I think the far bigger problem here is that things are not remotely explained within the game and when people are forced to do all these battles required lately( which is NOT nice guys) they try their best to battle and are totally unaware of all the bells and whistles available OR what others more experienced expect of them. I have learned a lot by researching and plain old trial and error but I am sure i have still missed a lot! Once you get in the higher chambers it gets rather complicated especially! There are indeed players who seem to just sit out and reap the rewards...but i can tell you that since they have required an absurd amount of fortress battles in events I have personally had numerous problems with the game freezing after the fighting has begun and even after frantically trying to get back in the game more often than not I am too late to join it and I'm sure it LOOKS like I am a deadbeat player! I am as frustrated as the people I feel I let down!

• BrandaanBrandaan Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #2802 October, 2020, 06:28 am.

@Kodokmag you are right about the impairments issue.

Being a Professor I can add to the discussion: Aurors, please keep on casting both Confusion and Weakening hexes on the 5 and 4 star foes when a Professors is fighting them. Whether it's a wherewolve, pixie, dark wizard, death eater, spider, erkling.

Because we are at the strongest on foes with 3 impairments, having 12+ power and 6 +defence. That can only be achieved by both hexes from Aurors and the Deterioration hex from Professors themselves.

• XenomerXenomer Posts: 47 ✭✭
    #2909 October, 2020, 11:13 am.

Replying to the original post: I understand your frustration, but it is not related to professions. The freeloaders can come in any profession. They might be Magis in these days because of the event.

--

I play as a Magi (full) nowadays, because of the "brilliant" encounters. (With my full Prof it'd take +1/+2 energy and +15 seconds to take them down)

Now we are FORCED to do challenges with others. And surprise, suprise, I just had a PPAAM challenge in where one P and one A were deliberately doing nothing. Not even hexing the foes. I had to struggle through dark wizards and werewolves because of them, and it was 3 of us doing the whole battle. And the worst part, if I try to mention the freeloadres' names it'd be censored. And the designers keep enforcing us into these nonsense battles.

HPWU, please consider change the current approach.

• Provide alternate tasks for the multi-player challenges
    • Punish the freeloaders

Thanks.

#3009 October, 2020, 04:56 pm.

where one P and one A were deliberately doing nothing

Accusing others of deliberate malice when you can't see how things are on their end is... somewhat unfair.

Crashes and disconnects still happen - and far more frequent than you think.