no XP Gifts after two months (and not on Known Issues list)

Owl515Owl515 Posts: 17 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 02 October, 2020, 10:35 pm.

SOS training was released two months ago, five of the lessons were for "Rare XP Gifts" dropped from inns. I got a few of those nodes on the first day and was 5/5 in the first month. But after two months of playing and earning hundreds of gifts, I've yet to see a single XP Gift. Asking other players, none of them have seen any either.

I have all the SOS inn gift nodes (3/3 for "Rare Energy Gifts" and 5/5 for "Rare XP Gifts") - I very, very rarely get any extravagant energy gifts. Practically all inn visits result in no gift or a plain energy gift. Something is not working here. Yet this issue is not including on the Known Issues list, making me question if the HPWU team is even aware of it?

Tagged:
9 votes

Working as intended · Last Updated

Comments

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    #220 September, 2020, 08:11 am.

@Owl515 Haven't seen any either.

There were one or to bug reports asking about this before but unfortunately they remained unanswered by @HPWUTeam.

• Owl515Owl515 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #320 September, 2020, 08:13 am.

@HPWUrobert @hpwulola Can the bug be added to Known Issue list, so we know that devs are working on it?

I understand this may not be an overnight fix, but it's really helpful for us to at least know that the HPWU team is aware of the issue.

• fourplus4fourplus4 Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    #420 September, 2020, 10:30 am.

Links to other threads on the subject

I'm sure there's more; but i can't seem to find any response from the team on the issue?

The description as written suggests players should get some new type of gift but it could be one of two things:

1. There is a new gift type which doesn't appear to drop when the corresponding nodes are unlocked, or

2. The description is incorrect and should read extravagant spell energy.

Either way it would be nice to get clarification from them team as once again many players are currently confused about the functionality and had their questions unanswered for sometime now

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #520 September, 2020, 02:42 pm.

Ain't it just an extravagant energy gift that you get when you complete those nodes? Like spellbook gift is just an extravagant runestone gift when it drops but the recipient gets a spellbook with it when they open it.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #620 September, 2020, 02:47 pm.

ive seen rare (extravagant) se gifts from inns, but they increased significantly (drop rate) after I got the nodes for them from the sos trees, I have no way of proving it ofc but i think that around june-july WB (devs) and decreased ex se gifts dramatically, so that when sos trees would drop and we'd get the nodes for the "increase chances of rare gifts from inns" we'd see the drop rate increase and think we accomplished something.

If you have those nodes, idk it sounds like a weird but very possible bug. I will say that even after acquiring all the (non rsb/dada) related nodes for this the drop rate is (usually) something like 1 ex gift for every 10-20 basic ones I have to constantly delete. Same for rare ingredient (potion) gifts from GHs.

#720 September, 2020, 02:50 pm.

there are no new xp gifts they mean the extravagant spell energy ones b/c they give 500 xp (1k w bbe) vs the 'normal' 20-30 of the basic se gifts. The only new gifts are the barufio potion and trace tonic potion ones (not the ingredient the potion ones, ingredient barufio is old) and the gold gift from trunks which requires 100 dada and i doubt anyone has or will unlock until sometime early 2021 at the earliest. (sos trees started around 50 days ago so 10 dada a month at first, then 20 a month since sept. times 5-7 months).

#820 September, 2020, 02:50 pm.

as always their text is ambiguous, vague and full of typos, which they remember to fix only when we start having fun/gain advantage.

#920 September, 2020, 02:52 pm.

another example is the 'get spell books from trunks" nodes, a lot of ppl want to or seem to think its dada or rsbs, i am 100% sure its the red books. They are going to get some grief from that when ppl who expect to see green or dada books unlock 1 or more relevant node(s) to see reds instead.

#1020 September, 2020, 05:42 pm.

@Odetshki @Drakonite

If rare xp gifts would be the same as rare energy gifts then why do we have two different entries for this in the Magicum Vitae?

Doesn't make sense to me.

#1120 September, 2020, 07:12 pm.

I get what people mean when they say "extravagant energy gifts" give 500 WXP thus they're XP gifts too, but why are they separate entries in the Magicum Vitae? Separate entries imply there's something different between the 5 "Rare XP Gifts" and the 3 "Rare Energy Gifts" nodes. Known Issues list includes text errors, so there's no reason to exclude this bug.

The second problem I see is that those nodes don't seem to effect Extravagant Spell Energy Gift drops. How I measure this is reports from people who play with a partner - one has "Rare XP Gifts" and "Rare Energy Gifts" SOS nodes, while the other doesn't - yet when they visit inns together, they both get the exact same gifts. I.e. player with inn gifts SOS nodes is not getting more extravagant gifts than player with none of those nodes.

I'm asking for acknowledgement from the team that they're aware of these bug. Also, hopefully, communication of what the correct functionality of these nodes are. Even if the bug fix takes longer to implement, it's really for players to know what they nodes do instead of leaving us all guessing. But even if they don't know what the correct functionality is, I just want them to acknowledge the bug so we know they're thinking about it. (There's been multiple previous times where bugs were known to players for 6+ months, before someone randomly mentioned it to Fazes, and she'd say it's the first time she's heard of it. Thus, until the HPWU acknowledges the bug, I'm left believing they're unaware of it.)

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 711 admin
    edited September 21 #1221 September, 2020, 05:40 pm.

These SOS Training nodes upgrade the same thing, which are Extravagent Spell Energy Gifts from Inns. They'll increase the chances of those gifts from dropping; though, Inn + Greenhouse gifts are not guaranteed like Fortress Gifts are.

• XenomerXenomer Posts: 47 ✭✭
    #1422 September, 2020, 07:11 am.

I'm not going to open a new ticket. Just want to say, I earned XP gifts from inns, but never ever say a spellbook dropped from the chest, even I unlocked that node weeks ago and opened that family's chest many many times.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    #1522 September, 2020, 07:23 am.

Depending the road I take during commute, I pass about 30+ inns a day... I can assure you, these nodes aren't working as intended. I barely get regular gifts from them, let alone anything better, despite the investment in the corresponding SoS skills.

And I'm not the only one. My wife and several friends have noticed it as well.

#1622 September, 2020, 10:31 am.

@Lycindelle if you read all the gift related nodes, there are a lot of the same. As said already, they just increase the chances of getting those. There are many ingredient gift nodes, like multiple dawdle, multiple baruffios etc. So that's why there are many, you can increase the chances even more when you complete more of them.

#1722 September, 2020, 10:57 am.

@Odetshki If I read all the gift related nodes I find there are a lot sounding similar at first sight but actually not being quite the same. They are slightly different in wording. F. e. one says "... have an increased chance ... " and the next says "... have an even greater chance ... ".

Now if "rare energy gifts" is the same like "rare xp gifts" (as @HPWUrobert stated above) then we would have two different entries that mean exactly the same thing. Why have different entries then?

Same might apply for the last two entries "... spellbook gifts" and "... rare spellbook gifts".

#1822 September, 2020, 12:42 pm.

then we would have two different entries that mean exactly the same thing. Why have different entries then?

b/c they most likely outsourced all the game's text to non-native english speaking company someplace like india and/or whoever wrote them was as lazy as humanly possible and their texts are riddled w typos, ambiguities and vagueness.

#1929 September, 2020, 05:08 pm.

@Lycindelle I have thought that they just make the chances to get them higher. Like if I have completed one node, then I have x% chance of getting an extravagant gift, and when I complete 2 such nodes, I have 2x x% of getting them. Like all those high energy inn nodes, the more you do, the more you get. You can of course ask from hpwu people, but that's how I have understood those. So that's why.

#2002 October, 2020, 10:35 pm.

You can of course ask from hpwu people

Isn't that what I'm doing? After Robert gave the partial response, I asked for further clarification, even tagged him to ensure he would see my response. After 10+ days, nothing. You say we should ask the HPWU people, but that's unhelpful since that's what we're doing in this thread and they're not replying.