Visual issues with Trace Beam effects and Encounter threat level after the 2.15.0 Update

13»

Comments

• cdycdycdycdy Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #6221 September, 2020, 08:35 pm.

I was about to report this as a bug, but I see that this thread already exists. FWIW, here are the screenshots I took so that I could report "my" bug. It shows a young James Potter being marked emergency on the clock (and map), but he's only severe in the registry.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    #6321 September, 2020, 09:38 pm.

Why the **** can’t the developers wait until everybody’s completed this brilliant event before throwing the update at us???

How hard would it be just to wait??

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited September 22 #6422 September, 2020, 12:47 am.

@cosk62 i think it was a time turner, but I lost track by the time I got home. I had several 8 field guide severe that I expected because ofthe bug, I should have made a note but I was power walking. If it happens again I’ll take screen shots. I did post it as a bug in a separate thread!

• DrWormyDrWormy Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #6522 September, 2020, 01:10 am.

I didn’t want to read every post because I’m annoyed about being forced to update to a bugged update. This has been affecting the results of trace charms as well. I placed a trace charm on a demiguise with a red beam. I received several orange beams which were actually yellow beams. No additional red beam appeared. I’m on ios14 and just updated the game

• Thunder2kThunder2k Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #6622 September, 2020, 04:01 am.

I thought I saw a foundable without a flare but I couldn't be sure because of all the flares blocking it.

Seriously, just go back a few months and get the code from the game then and release a game using that with a new name! New people won't even be able to tell it is the same game. People like me getting close to level 60 and even lower levels can then get off this train wreck.

I don't blame the coders , after all we're in a pandemic. But fire the people in charge please. The ones playing the short game chasing every dime they can instead of building and keeping and loyal and happy player base .

• LyraParadoxLyraParadox Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #6722 September, 2020, 06:25 am.

I'm done.

You just can't stop yourselves from messing with things, can you? Now I have to relearn which beacons go with which traces, in addition to having to remember that you switched the order of the exstimulo potions for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Or I would, if I were going to keep playing.

I just don't get it. But now I won't have to worry about it anymore, because I'm uninstalling. G'bye!

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #6822 September, 2020, 08:21 pm.

@DrWormy Demiguise has orange beam in 2.15.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 719 admin
    #6925 September, 2020, 09:22 pm.

Regarding this issue, there seems to be a mismatch on the backend with labeling Encounters' severity. The incorrect Trace Beams brought forward in the 2.15.0 update reflect this error. We plan to fix this but are still determining the best way to do so.

• KitzenKitzen Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    #7025 September, 2020, 09:56 pm.

@HPWUrobert this mismatch was reported to you back in July after the 2.14 update

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/8075/incorrect-threat-levels is just one thread made, another seems to have been archived.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    #7126 September, 2020, 02:43 pm.

Please fix this issue,I don’t care how. Reassign the correct color or change the field guide rewards to match! I’m very tired of double checking the emergency threat only too have it flee the area when I go to toss a charm after verifying it is indeed an emergency threat.

@HPWUrobert @hpwulola

• BbmommyBbmommy Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #7226 September, 2020, 05:59 pm.

Not only are there issues with the trace beans but we’re also not receiving the correct amount of books that we are supposed to and all of the emergency level threats have pretty much disappeared because they’ve been replaced by the severe level threats so I don’t remember the last time I got 20 books since the update has started

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭
    #7327 September, 2020, 12:15 am.

@Bbmommy the rewards are still correct. Your recollection of what is truly an Emergency and Severe is as incorrect as their display during encounters.

• ErinMF25ErinMF25 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #7427 September, 2020, 03:27 pm.

Came to officially get on the record because I'm tired of this game - really, just sick of the issues. Beacons are screwed up and now meaningless, rewards are worse, and I'm at a loss for words that this is the "official" HP game.

I am SO sick of the developers/whoever not field testing and pushing updates that are bugged. You are showing your incompetence.

Along with everyone in this thread, @hpwulola @HPWUrobert , PLEASE tell your higher ups to put the game back the way it was. These last few updates, along with all of the issues, make this feel like a cheap knock-off app with children for developers. Shame.

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #7527 September, 2020, 10:47 pm.

@ErinMF25 Can I ask what is wrong with those pictures? They all have the right amount of books, haven't they? I know the beams are wrong, as fred is red and wormtail orange and both should be one notch lower as orange and yellow, but those books are right I think?

• FCoronaUFCoronaU Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #7628 September, 2020, 07:22 am.

I'm not getting 20 manuals for ANY returned red foundables, the reds nor am I getting the proper amount of fragments returned, only 1 of the 3 or 4 will return 2 when using that trace spell - I do not get more than 8 ever -and am rarely rarely getting any extra as I once was aside from the 1 earned daily for distance - this is so very discouraging-this entire event felt like a waste considering the time etc that went into these tasks this time around, a LOT of work LITTLE payoff whatsoever!

• BalthazarHuffsBalthazarHuffs Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #7730 September, 2020, 01:33 am.

I didn't have any issue with the update until TODAY, I opened the game looking forward to complete the bonus assignment from the brilliant event, because the other event start like in 2 days...

But now the screen goes absolutely BLACK, can't click on foundables, can't retrieve potions, can't do ANYTHING.

So, how am I gonna finish this event, how am I gonna play the next event?

If I don't finish the event, I surely doubt that you will allow us to complete the missing pieces...

#7830 September, 2020, 01:32 pm.

@BalthazarHuffs, this is a wrong thread for the black screen issue. See https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/10328/2-15-with-android-10-black-screen-with-only-menu#latest. I think there is a workaround, something like starting the app from Play Store.

• LMiskoLMisko Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #7906 October, 2020, 12:32 am.

It seems that resist and possibly also departure rates have been overall higher since the 2.15 update as well. It's very frustrating and makes game play unenjoyable, even as someone who has invested in mastery and departure denial nodes in the SOS skill tree. I can't imagine how intolerable this is for newer or lower level players!

I'm assuming this is a bug that's linked to the incorrect threat levels, but haven't seen it explicitly called out or confirmed here. Any insight?

• FoxKid1302FoxKid1302 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #8014 October, 2020, 12:06 am.

It’s been nearly a month after the first incorrect threat level got reported. When do we expect for the beam color to return to normal?

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    #8114 October, 2020, 04:48 am.

Give it another few weeks and then they'll match the registry description to the colours.

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #8214 October, 2020, 04:43 pm.

This really affects the gameplay even more than those annoying discos. Why not just return everything as it was and then apply green beams for very highs if they have to have some kind of beam, I for one don't think that's absolutely necessary?

• cdycdycdycdy Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #8314 October, 2020, 07:26 pm.

@hpwulola Any update on this? This, more than most annoying bugs, is really affecting gameplay. If I'm on a bus or riding my bike, I can't quickly determine what's worth catching in a hurry. Thank you.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 719 admin
    #8414 October, 2020, 10:05 pm.

A friendly reminder to play safely @cdycdy! We hope to have a fix in the next release.

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    #8515 October, 2020, 07:42 pm.

@HPWUrobert It seems like actual emergency traces are almost never spawning anymore (except fluffly). I've seen *maybe* 3 since this bug, and I used to see significantly more. I see the same number of red flares, but not the emergency traces. Please fix the spawn rates.

• BbmommyBbmommy Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #8615 October, 2020, 08:14 pm.

We are now weeks past this being reported and the only true Emergency Level threats I get that reward spell bonuses are Oddities. I occasionally get the three headed dog, Fluffy. I was loving the new SOS training but now it is taking me AGES to complete different tasks in the branches of DADA books due to the threats being mislabeled. Only getting 8 books for a red beam is bull! Why hasn’t this been addressed and fixed yet?!? It is VERY rare to encounter a true emergency level threat and if I cast my trace charm, I’m getting yellow beam and orange beam traces instead of other emergency level traces that reward 20 books. I certainly hope over weeks of this nonsense, @Niantic rewards us with lots of DADA books to make up for all this time lost that we could have been earning multiple 20 book rewards each day and instead being stuck with 8. Up until now, I have defended this game and the glitches (ie when the update caused all of us to lose our progress on the registry pages and I had worked hard for several gold pages only to be taken back down to the bottom) but with this, I am beyond frustrated. What is the deal y’all? Why can’t we get this resolved

• FredjeFlitserFredjeFlitser Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #8726 October, 2020, 08:13 pm.

Not sure if it helps, but even medium/high foundables are inconsistently giving yellow beam or no beam. I’ve had the same foundable spawn with and without beam. And on rare occasion I even get different family foundables when engaging them in the wild. Looking forward to see the fix in the next release... fingers crossed.

#8828 October, 2020, 04:50 pm.

@FredjeFlitser do you remember which foundable has inconsistent yellow beam?

I do see the wrong family bug rarely. I don't think it's related to the trace beam issue though.

• KreaturezKreaturez Posts: 65 ✭✭
    #8901 November, 2020, 12:39 pm.

Months later... Still no updates. Cash grabbing event after cash grabbing event. But still no fixes.

• ElezfunElezfun Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #9009 November, 2020, 02:32 am.

I'm mostly just commenting to bump this back up. I'm concerned that there seems to be no progress on the bug fix. No update here in quite a while except that it should be in the next release. No update to the top known issues in over two weeks. When is the next release coming out?