Visual issues with Trace Beam effects and Encounter threat level after the 2.15.0 Update

Comments

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    #3318 September, 2020, 02:07 pm.

I liked that emergency threats were distinguishable by the red beams - I could cast a trace charm on them without tapping on them first. Now I need to first tap on a red beam trace to see whether it gives 8 field guides or 20.

IMO being able to distinguish "low" from "medium" is nice, but not as important as being able to distinguish "severe" from "emergency". Maybe add green beam for "medium" threats? This way we'd be able to see the XP and estimated field guides for a trace from the map, without a need to tap on the trace.

BTW, Boggart Cabinet I saw this morning did not have a yellow beam in 2.15, even though it's a medium trace.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    #3518 September, 2020, 02:43 pm.

Please don5 force me to update to 2.15 if you don’t plan to fix this immediately!

its inanity that the game is being submarined by incompetence! For the love of all things Potter, you are doing a disservice to the work put in to build the framework you’re using and the story you’ve laid over it!

• SlothyyyySlothyyyy Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3618 September, 2020, 02:58 pm.

Definitely frustrating. I have no problem with the change if you simply add a new flare color to distinguish between severe and emergency. If would also be nice if all flares guaranteed a field guide.

• BrokkTheVikingBrokkTheViking Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #3718 September, 2020, 03:57 pm.

Yeah. Not a fan of the flare color change. Roll that back, add a new flare color for medium if you need to. Green, perhaps? Either way I'm holding off updating until it gets fixed. If you force me to update, that may just give me an excuse to stop playing for a while.

• IexmagicIexmagic Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3818 September, 2020, 07:18 pm.

Hi,

Why have traces' Severity been inflated in the latest update? Some traces that previously had no glow now show a yellow glow, traces that previously were yellow are now orange, and traces that previously were orange are now red. But they only give the same amount of XP as before. Doesn't seem fair for Severity to be inflated, but XP not to also be inflated.

• EmCro909EmCro909 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #4018 September, 2020, 07:22 pm.

This is a disaster. It makes no sense to have severe and emergency be the same color. While I'd love to see a separate flag for medium-high threats like Omnioculars, this isn't the way to do it.

• SamuelAAdamsSamuelAAdams Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #4118 September, 2020, 08:39 pm.

the good news is that if this goes on long enough, we'll probably find one person who thinks it's a good change. You can speak up any time.

#4218 September, 2020, 09:57 pm.

Still a problem in 2.15.

• UncertainJenUncertainJen Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #4318 September, 2020, 11:17 pm.

Same issue where flare color does not match the trace I am expecting. It's very confusing and frustrating!!!

• sdcanuksdcanuk Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #4418 September, 2020, 11:20 pm.

I am also getting the wrong colour of flare. It caused me to use my trace charge on the wrong foundable.

• OGMagusOGMagus Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #4519 September, 2020, 06:16 am.

In reality, this fumble doesn't bother me that much in-game. But to have lived with (previous) mistakes for "months", have read the known issues, and now read patch notes "we fixed it" - only to find out it's WORSE! That bothers me a great deal. There are SO MANY issues with this game and if the team can't even fix what they say they are going to fix - man are we in trouble.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    #4619 September, 2020, 06:24 am.

oddities seem unaffected by this, DE is still orange and fluffy is still red

• mszzajmszzaj Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited September 19 #4719 September, 2020, 07:19 am.

I'm still using 2.14 and Omniculars

• Have NO beam.
    • Very high on the threat wheel.
    • Medium-high on the wheel description.
    • High in the registry.
    • Gave me 1 book.

This can't be right?

If I should upgrade to 2.15, the beam seems to be the only difference.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited September 19 #4819 September, 2020, 10:24 am.

@Drakonite It's easy to explain why oddities aren't affected: They don't have a threat wheel.

This way they weren't affected by the threat wheel-bug in the first place and of course aren't affected by that "fix" as well.

• HalhochmonHalhochmon Posts: 5
    #4919 September, 2020, 12:23 pm.

The family is incorrect too. Click on ministries of magic Foundable and get Salazar Slytherin and the banshee instead.

• RalnarRalnar Posts: 2
    #5019 September, 2020, 05:11 pm.

Is anyone seeing an actual Emergency trace besides Oddities? We haven't seen a timeturner since the update, even though they're supposed to be 'more common' during the event.

• DeRotzDeRotz Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #5119 September, 2020, 05:17 pm.

I second @Owl515 in that they need to go back to the original foundable threat level classification (i.e. low, medium, high). Starting with medium as the "lowest" makes no sense.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    #5219 September, 2020, 05:18 pm.

@Ralnar Though I haven't seen any emergency threads since the update either, they still seem to be out there somewhere. My husband returned a time turner earlier today.

• DeRotzDeRotz Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited September 19 #5319 September, 2020, 05:20 pm.

@Ralnar

Yes, I finally saw one timeturner yesterday. It has been the only pre-2.15 "emergency" that I have encountered since the update (wild or with using a Tonic for Trace). Since the update, it seems that I have seen fewer original (pre-2.15) orange or red

Post edited by DeRotz on
    #5419 September, 2020, 07:14 pm.

well I guess my iPad forced me into 2.15.. I’m going to simply not play this weekend

• BleshBlesh Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #5520 September, 2020, 01:55 am.

I don't know about others, but my registry is also showing the increased tier

• UnluckyHydraUnluckyHydra Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #5620 September, 2020, 06:18 pm.

Please take the time to fix this prevalent issue of rarities, being wrong on the threat wheel and in the registry, that's been wrong for months. Take the time to test the update and then release it when it actually works properly. We should have lows, mediums, highs, severes, and emergencies. If you want to add a green flare for mediums (like others have suggested) seems like a welcomed change to me. I considered putting more money into the game but I won't support developers who can't learn from their mistakes and push bad update after bad update. Please turn the game around before it's too late.

• LeenieBeanieLeenieBeanie Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #5721 September, 2020, 10:49 am.

HPWU Team - can you please just put everything back the way it was? Make everything match Orange Wizard's info graphic library.

I don't think there was anything broken with the threat levels or beam system before. I don't know why it changed. And if you want to add a "green" beam for those Medium threat foundables, especially the rarer ones (Omnioculars for example) that's all fine and good - EXCEPT that there are other more pressing things for y'all to fix and be working on IMO! And if you do make any adjustments - can the beam please just match where the hand lands on the wheel (the one that stops before taking into account your additional spell mastery from leveling or SOS Training).

Just put it back the way it was!

• LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    #5821 September, 2020, 04:10 pm.

I love how it's been three days and there's been no word or a "Sorry it's taking so long we ARE working on it" from the @HPWUTeam. Isn't it GREAT </sarcasm> when they think throwing a "Whoops, we'll look at it" then nothing for days is acceptable behavior?

#5921 September, 2020, 04:14 pm.

Not only is the flare system broken, but today I received two field guides from a severe that has always given me 20.... yet we get crickets

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    #6021 September, 2020, 06:02 pm.

I'm more and more convinced that the coding is outsourced to a subcontractor in India or Bangladesh...

#6121 September, 2020, 06:59 pm.

@BocaG, this sounds like a different bug. This thread is about the visual issues with beams and threat levels. Do you remember which trace gave you 2 field guides instead of 20?