Visual issues with Trace Beam effects and Encounter threat level after the 2.15.0 Update

HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 704 admin
edited September 19 in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 15 October, 2020, 08:14 pm.

Trace Beam visualization and Encounter threat level of many Encounters do not correspond to their Registry threat level classification after the 2.15.0 Update. We're looking into why this recent change is not behaving as intended. We'll provide more details in a follow-up once we know more. 

Below is an example of an Encounter whose beam and Encounter threat level do not match its Registry threat level: 

Post edited by HPWUrobert on
74 votes

Working on a Fix · Last Updated

Update: There's a mismatch on the backend with labeling Encounters' severity. The incorrect Trace Beams brought forward in the 2.15.0 update reflect this error. We plan to fix this but are still determining the best way to do so.

Comments

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #230 July, 2020, 03:16 pm.

For many traces the "cast" screen shows threat level that is one level higher than the one shown in the registry. For example Seamus Finnigan is "HIGH" in the registry and "VERY HIGH" on the "cast ebublio" screen.

Most foundables are affected by this bug. Crystal Ball is one exception (MEDIUM in both places). There may be others.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #330 July, 2020, 07:47 pm.
  • GrcflAnnieGrcflAnnie Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #417 September, 2020, 09:49 pm.

I just updated to 2.15. The first emergency flare I saw turned out to be the tank of brains, which is actually severe. The severe flares I clicked on were actually very high, including Tonks.

• GrcflAnnieGrcflAnnie Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1018 September, 2020, 12:07 am.

If they don't fix it soon, a lot of people are going to be quite angry about wasting trace charms.

• NothGuorbNothGuorb Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1118 September, 2020, 12:09 am.

I’m just going to quote PARRYHOTTER:

“This is going to be a real problem when I pop a barufios, and look for 5 red beams to place my 5 trace charms on. If only 1 in 5 of those red beams is actually severe, it’ll be really hard to effectively farm field guides and XP. 

Please fix this ASAP.”

• JonasMeyerJonasMeyer Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #1218 September, 2020, 12:24 am.

Ok, maybe the problem is that the rarity of some traces ON THE MAP is WRONG, they doesn't match their descriptions on the exploration page... Ex: Omnioculars appears as VERY HIGH on the map, but they are HIGH on the exploration page; the Mirror of Erised appears as SEVERE on the map, but they are VERY HIGH... please, fix they rarity ON THE MAP...

• HypnoticMichaelHypnoticMichael Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited September 18 #1618 September, 2020, 04:49 am.

This seems to be quite the series of unfortunate events. I too was affected by this problem earlier today, but this hasn’t been a recent problem. Several weeks ago I TC’d a red flare only to get a (as it was then a bunch of) orange flares appear. To further frustrate, the origin trace also was thereafter only a severe despite still showing the red flare and even though I’d already been in to the trace once and seen it was actually an emergency-level foundable! Most of the time, happily, the TC worked as intended, but not being based in a particularly populous area, losing the rare sighting of an emergency was a tough break!

(The irony of being driven by the game’s feature construct to think “Hmmmm an emergency... you just wait there while I pop off to make more emergencies and then I’ll be back to clear you up” is not lost on me!)

• HypnoticMichaelHypnoticMichael Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #1718 September, 2020, 04:52 am.

@SS1951 “Who field tested this change?”

I think you know the answer to that question already!

• MarkosusMarkosus Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #2318 September, 2020, 09:23 am.

I made mistake in my previous suggestions: I said to give the medium-high a green flare, but I meant the high foundables that now have gotten a yellow one and previously had none. (Mistake is due to the fact that I still have the old severity levels in my mind)

• HoersHoers Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2418 September, 2020, 10:46 am.

Yeah this is ****, this has to go to the old low/med/high/severe/emergency system.

Severe cannot be red emergency when emergency is red emergency. And you simply cannot change the rarity of already collected fragments from a whole year, it breaks the effort put in and it breaks the game

• 7domdom7domdom Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2518 September, 2020, 10:50 am.

I don't mind giving a new beam to the lower level less commons (whatever they are called now) but using the same beam for severe and emergency is a bad change. The rewards are very different and so are the priorities like using a trace charm.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    #2618 September, 2020, 10:52 am.

Lol... Looks like I might prestige one of my dragon pages to gold soon..

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    #3018 September, 2020, 01:35 pm.

Glad I'm not nuts in being confused why Moaning Myrtle is suddenly a severe...

• mysteriousDmysteriousD Posts: 64 ✭✭
    #3118 September, 2020, 01:37 pm.

Was just coming to also report this. I have had yellow streams which were in fact NO stream foundables, which can also tell from how many fragments total needed as well as the field guides given.

Have had orange streams that should be yellow streams as well as red streams that should be orange. This last one is the most frustrating being I like to use my trace charm on red (emergency) streams and now I have to first give a look at what it is to make sure suppose to be a red stream.

Two images are from same trace, showed orange stream and said severe, but is actually a yellow streamed trace. Which you can tell by number fragments needed as well as guides it gave in 2nd image.

Please sort this as I much preferred the bug that was fixed where it just said the wrong threat level verses showing the wrong stream color.