Change with update on getting field books

Radue13Radue13 Posts: 3 ✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 20 September, 2020, 09:43 pm.

On new version orange fragments only get 2 field books and yellow 1 field book. On old version orange is 8 field books and yellow 2. Did I miss something about it changing?

Comments

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭
    #218 September, 2020, 02:50 am.

They further broke threat levels. Now threat levels and ribbons are broken, instead of just threat threat levels.

• LeenieBeanieLeenieBeanie Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #318 September, 2020, 03:14 am.

Everything has moved up one threat level. Rewards for successful returns are matching the threat levels listed in the registry. However, beams/flares and the threat meter/wheel IN the encounter show it raised one level.

In a previous update, they made some changes and a bug appeared causing some foundables threat wheel (in the encounter) to show a higher threat level than what is assigned in the registry. According to the most recent updates release notes, they were supposed to be fixing that bug. But instead, they just moved everything (except Oddities) up one level.

Somewhere in all that is a mistake that they will fix eventually. I don't know which part is actually broken and which part they intended. But it can't stay as it is.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    #418 September, 2020, 12:52 pm.

Has this been confirmed an issue? I’ve hesitated to upgrade the app because if they lowered the count of the field books I’m going to be done. After the trace charm nerf that I left for a week over, this would nail the coffin shut!

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #518 September, 2020, 01:21 pm.

The issue isn't that they lowered the rewards, it's that they changed which traces get which beams. Since last update, everything has been reporting the wrong threat level (lows have been listed as medium, mediums have been listed as high, etc). The same traces still return the same number of field guides, but now the beam color matches the new incorrect threat level. So a trace that was originally medium (like professor Flitwick) is now called high, and now the latest update gave it a yellow beam because it is "high" threat. Professor Flitwick has always only given 1 or 0 field guides, and he still does even though he now has a yellow beam.

• TheGreenLady68TheGreenLady68 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #618 September, 2020, 01:36 pm.

Field guide rewards weren't changed when threat levels were updated. Just returned a red wonders of the wizarding world foundable (was orange flare before update) and received field guides.

• TrixsomeTrixsome Posts: 3
    #720 September, 2020, 07:10 pm.

I'm not sure it is broken in the way you are saying. I just returned a Fred Weasley which is in the register as severe, and only received 8 field guides. Yesterday and today I returned philosopher's stones and only received 8 field guides each time. Are all severe traces receiving the lowered reward? This is quite disappointing.

• TrixsomeTrixsome Posts: 3
    #820 September, 2020, 07:21 pm.

Sorry, I get it now. I was thinking that the severe rating went with the red ribbon, but it should be emergency. Either way, all these "fixes" just feel disappointing.

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #920 September, 2020, 07:31 pm.

@Trixsome The traces are giving the same amount of Field Guides they gave before. It's just the ribbon that looks different. The Philosopher Stone gives 8 Field Guides with a red ribbon, but it gave 8 Field Guides before with the orange ribbon.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭
    #1020 September, 2020, 09:43 pm.