2.15 with Android 10: Black screen with only menu

167891012»

Comments

• KitzenKitzen Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    #33224 March, 2021, 09:12 am.

@YMJ0ker if your phone is a Huawei or Xiaomi, then this is a known issue

Some Android Devices only show a Black Screen.

• Some players have reported that opening the app via Google Play Store can resolve this. Find the listing for the app in the Google Play Store and tap the Open button.

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/10328/2-15-with-android-10-black-screen-with-only-menu/

• kirchwitzkirchwitz Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #33326 March, 2021, 04:52 pm.

Hello HPWU players!

Thanks, @lolalondon , for your answer, I appreciate that very much. There are several threads on Reddit about the black screen, but the following link (URL) gives the technically most advanced workaround (and some explanation) on the black screen issue. I myself have a Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro (EU/international version), Android 10, not rooted, all available updates.

To my understanding, the base problem seems to be an internal mismatch about which "Activity" to start. Each app provides so-called "Activities" to Android. You may call it entry points into the app. The icons on the phone's home screen are basically short-cuts that provide a link to an "Activity" in the app (most apps provide many Activities, so the big question always is which one gets the job done).

On some phones (e.g. most Xiaomi), the information about the proper "Activity" gets messed up somehow. Maybe the Google Play store provides misleading information (unlikely, because there's no black screen when the app is started directly from Google Play). Maybe the APK file (or only some build versions of it) provides misleading information (that could explain why some Launchers get it right and others don't).

It's important for me, that this is not about whose fault it is. Android is a complex operating system. Maybe it's an error in the specification. Who knows. :-)

Credits go the author of the Reddit post! I'm just putting together pieces of information.

• DoctahDeathDoctahDeath Posts: 1
    #33426 March, 2021, 09:28 pm.

Reporting same as many others-- black screen with all buttons restart does not help switching language does. Galaxy 9 note fully updated with all assets downloaded.

• AnnyKAnnyK Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #33527 March, 2021, 07:42 pm.

I have stopped playing wu because of this bug about six months ago (maybe more).... Decided to check what is new now, and surprise surprise!!!!! Issue still exists... Omg... Is someone at least bothered by the **** issue that is messing with the game??? Really disappointed....

• ViajeraChaskiViajeraChaski Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #33627 March, 2021, 09:23 pm.

I feel the same, I've stopped playing Wizards Unite too because of the bug, I know that opening the app via Google Play Store can resolve this, but its very annoying do it all the time >_< so I just stopped playing.

I hope that Hogwarts Legacy don't have the same problem.

• Teta1992Teta1992 Posts: 1
    #33704 April, 2021, 07:51 am.

Same problem. I habe bLAck to the maps. I have xiaomi redmi 9 2020 model. 🥺

• OpiDrangsOpiDrangs Posts: 1
    #33804 April, 2021, 08:51 pm.

I have the "black map" problem too. My device is a HUAWEI MATE 20 PRO, EMUI 11, Android 10.

I'm still able to play the game opening the app via play store but I hope you will fix it soon.

• Harpo19Harpo19 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #33915 April, 2021, 08:42 pm.

I have a new phone Poco x3. And Avery day I have to change the language so I can play. Otherwise I have a black screen.

• 0sureal0sureal Posts: 1
    #34029 April, 2021, 03:37 pm.

I have a huawei p20 pro, up to date.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, cleared cache but still the

issue presents.

Workaround of changing language is a temp fix and issue reappears

• H00kenH00ken Posts: 2
    #34113 May, 2021, 08:08 pm.

Still same problem. Huawei P Smart 2019, Android 10, Hpwu 2.17.

Using the language change workaround but it is a pain...