Game Update 2.15.0

Comments

• leabuffleabuff Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #3417 September, 2020, 04:36 pm.

Is there an update on when you will push this out? I’ve been a beta tester and this has been disappointing the whole time. Was looking forward to being able to return to play. Get it fixed please.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020 #3617 September, 2020, 04:55 pm.

there's no personal way anymore. since the first big bug of the fragments, green stars, and all the other bugs that happen in all events, be, trace charm, tree sos, weekend and much more, we need to accept: the game hpwu is definitely broken.

next week we gain a ditanmo gift!

• Clover2Clover2 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3717 September, 2020, 04:56 pm.

Yep day 1 player here too. That post was misleading. I went ahead and updated to IOS 14 just before I would have finished the Brilliant Event. Is this going to be fixed before the event ends?? Otherwise I agree with Yominkarr - we shouldn’t be denied the extras just because you “mis worded” your update post.

• NihonshuNihonshu Posts: 1
    #3817 September, 2020, 05:18 pm.

Very poor communication. Your popup should have said “upgrading to iOS 14 will break HPWU.” I would have disable auto update.

• RayD55RayD55 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #3917 September, 2020, 05:50 pm.

I am also having issues with starting the App.

• KrisNWCGKrisNWCG Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited September 2020 #4217 September, 2020, 07:48 pm.

I can’t even open the app! My phone automatically updated to iOS 14 last night and now when I try to open the app the screen goes black for a fraction of a second, and then goes right back to my home screen. I can’t even collect my daily reward, let alone play. This is maddening!

Update: after repeatedly trying to open the app back to back to back, it finally worked around the 15th to 20th try. I didn’t actually think it would work, I was just doing it out of frustration. Still slightly annoyed that it was such a hassle, but I’m glad I could at least collect my daily reward.

Update part 2: I got kicked out of the app in the middle of a challenge after already having completed one and a few other daily tasks. Not sure if I’ll get credit for it. My repeated app opening technique isn’t working now, so I guess I’ll just log in on the iPad when I get home (unless it already updated, too). 🤷‍♀️

Post edited by KrisNWCG on
  • MacSeainMacSeain Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #4317 September, 2020, 08:05 pm.

At least there will be other events in the future, but I sure wish I was notified before I allowed that iOS update to occur.

It would be a good faith gesture to add a couple days to the Brilliant event we are in the middle of missing. Add then after the update, though.

• WonderwomannzWonderwomannz Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #4517 September, 2020, 08:36 pm.

Thanks, but still waiting for the mysteries beta bug to be fixed, please please please, been waiting for over a year. Our achievements say 2. Us beta players completed the mysteries and then you brought out the achievement and new items and of course we couldn't get them to count as we have already completed the pages. I know you know about this as we keep asking, but please please please can you fix it. Thank you

• HaristotleHaristotle Posts: 4
    edited September 2020 #4617 September, 2020, 08:42 pm.

2.15 live as of 4:42PM EST

Update: I had to uninstall/delete the app in order for it to work. It is now working correctly. (4:57PM EST).

• JitterbugDanceJitterbugDance Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #4717 September, 2020, 09:51 pm.

Unlike others here, I want to thank you for your announcement BEFORE the iOS 14 update dropped. With that notice ahead of time I delayed updating my phone OS. Sincere thank you for giving us the heads up!

• kiro093kiro093 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #4817 September, 2020, 11:20 pm.

After the update on my android all can see od black screen

• Phoenix3838Phoenix3838 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #4918 September, 2020, 01:01 am.

After update 2.15..my map screen and potion screen went black...cant see traces, inn, greenhouse etc..also potion screen also blackened. Mine Redmi Notes 8, android 9. Pls help..cant play at all.

• prettysweet712prettysweet712 Posts: 1
    #5018 September, 2020, 01:06 am.

The update is available on ios14 after deleting and reinstalling app. ABOUT TIME

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    #5118 September, 2020, 01:15 am.

And now all the flares are showing up one higher than they should. So be careful using your trace charma on a red or orange beam, might not be what you think it is and will further nerf the charm. Oddities don't seem effected, but lots of others are

• DeRotzDeRotz Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #5218 September, 2020, 01:52 am.

@Klc5048 I noticed the flare colors all wrong now too (except Oddities). This update seems to actually be worse than the problems with 2.14 in terms of severity level.

• ItadyoraItadyora Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #5318 September, 2020, 02:52 am.

Is anyone else having trouble getting XP in level 4/4 Mysterious Artefacts? I have place three items so far, have returned many confoundables, yet my progress is still 0/500. I tried a hard rest of my phone and closed the game and reopened. Still nothing. Can someone help please?

• NyphadoraLeCocqNyphadoraLeCocq Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #5418 September, 2020, 02:55 am.

And with the wrong flare colors we also don't get the correct rewards in terms of field guides.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5518 September, 2020, 02:55 am.

@Itadyora Only foundables with the lock icon (Atifacts) count towards that task.

• HEPennypackerHEPennypacker Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited September 2020 #5618 September, 2020, 03:22 am.

So the beam color now matches the incorrectly labeled threat level. So it's now twice as wrong as it was before the update. This seems like the opposite of progress.

So Niantic corrected some typos and added new bugs.

• PierogalloPierogallo Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #5718 September, 2020, 03:39 am.

Maybe there is a new color for emergency level now? I haven't seen one yet

• Riv9Riv9 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #5918 September, 2020, 07:20 am.

It’s frustrating to know that I haven’t upgraded my IOS and I have problems playing both Wizard Unite and Pokémon Go. I even deleted the apps and re-downloaded it to try to fix it. Nope, no help. I have no problems playing other games. There’s lags and it keeps booting me out of the game.

• WaelstrumWaelstrum Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #6018 September, 2020, 08:22 am.

Well, I'm on Android and the new patch just blocked me from playing

I got a black background instead of the map and black background instead of the cauldron.

I can't click nothing so I'm just screwed for the brilliant tasks

🤷‍♀️

• Diavel13Diavel13 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #6118 September, 2020, 08:39 am.

And what about the Mystery Items issue? When will this one be resolved? Some of us are waiting since June to finally be able to progress the story...