Am I effectively already done with SOS DADA books?

Niff1erTick1erNiff1erTick1er Posts: 49 ✭✭
in SOS Assignments #1 latest comment 17 September, 2020, 09:21 pm.

I have spent what precious few DADA books given out so far on the following:

CE II, Level 22: "Whetstone for the Mind" to open the 8 skills lower on the tree.

CE II, Level 25: "A Horse with no Name" Also, for what this then opens up.

Setting aside those skills that 'only' require Restricted Section books, my question is...

What's left that isn't ridiculous? In other words, does not require 80-100 DADA books.

I can only see a few possibilities:

Finish all 3 remaining levels of "A Horse with no Name" (14 DADA each) but only for a total of +9% departure denial

CE I, Level 12 "Awesome Blossom" (10 DADA) Increase # of uses for Extimulo and opens 2 Family Departure Denials.

CE I, level 12: Volunteer Work" (4 DADA) Potent Extimulo effect. Hardly worth it imo.

CE II, Level 22: "Adaptive Casting" (17 x 4 DADA) +70 Spell Mastery which is probably the most bang for the buck.

CE II, Level 32: "Spleen on Me" (20 DADA) Only opens three skills before you need more DADA books.

Yes, there are skills that give an Invigoration brew time reduction, whoopie.

CE II, Level 22: "Bottoms Up" is FIFTY books for +5-minutes of Baruffio time?!? Hard pass.

I see no practical use blowing DADA books on Greenhouse or Inn charms, Family Trunk XP etc.

Once you're at level 60, what good is all of that bonus XP again?

So after only a few remaining options, what else is there to do but let them pile up and wait for Combat Training?

Would I like a chance to get gold from Family Treasure trunks? Sure. 100 DADA.

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    #216 September, 2020, 12:49 am.

as magizoo i'm up to anything for any extimulo enhancement. LoL

for fortress battle if there are too many magizoo foes or if there some lazy teammates and the battle is winnable.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16 #316 September, 2020, 06:33 am.

@Niff1erTick1er re-read the "Preferred Client" skill. You DO NOT get gold. You get gifts to send to friends.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #416 September, 2020, 11:26 am.

Yes, exactly my thoughts (I said something along those lines here https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/comment/55345#Comment_55345).

After this event I'll go for "Awesome blossom" (these days I mostly use standard EP, so this is a nice boost, and the departure denial nodes below it are somewhat useful too) and then I'll consider myself basically done with DADA books 🤷

• Niff1erTick1erNiff1erTick1er Posts: 49 ✭✭
    #517 September, 2020, 09:21 pm.

@HalloMami ,

What is most perplexing about this is the apparent randomness. It's as if no thought was given to structuring where to place skills, a consistent or relative cost, what skills get buried under prerequisite skills etc. It's as if someone just took a bunch of ideas for skills, randomly assigned them to CE I-III, then ran out of ideas and just started copying and pasting "Awards a Spell book with Family Treasure Trunks" over and over.

This mess only makes a little more sense if they decided before the SOS update that they were going to bump max level to 100+ and that spell books are a vital resource for Combat Training.