Please remove the Level 60 cap...

HinkyjinksHinkyjinks Posts: 36 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 09 November, 2020, 03:19 pm.

What’s the point of playing beyond Level 60? I’m almost at Level 57 and I’m not looking forward to hitting this cap. I honestly don’t even understand why it is in effect. Why not raise it to 100? 1000? Or remove the cap entirely? The SOS skill tree, the bugged Trace Charm Efficiency, and Dragon Week have accelerated players’ ability to level up significantly. In the last month I’ve made as much progress as I made in the first year playing this game. Please give me a reason to keep playing daily. Please remove the Level 60 cap.

Comments

• HinkyjinksHinkyjinks Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #412 September, 2020, 02:30 pm.

@BenTiger you make valid points, but the reality is that they have always been slow to add new content. I have no confidence that they will speed up production in any meaningful way — in a way that will tempt me to continue playing beyond level 60 — just because they messed up the progression of the game with their SOS skill tree. The myriad events are merely a distraction — busy work — so we don’t complain too much about the actual lack of new content and the significant errors in the new content they do roll out. The bottom line is that, by rolling out the SOS Skilltree, they inadvertently accelerated the speed by which players could level up, with no real parallel plan to engage players with new content. It seems to me that removing the level 60 cap would be a quick fix that would at least keep higher level players engaged while they (slowly) develop the content everyone desires.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 136 ✭✭
    #512 September, 2020, 03:02 pm.

If you max level, why don't finish prestige gold foundables to waiting update level.

• HinkyjinksHinkyjinks Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #612 September, 2020, 03:45 pm.

@Yohanes12 placing stickers in a sticker book isn’t my thing. The only reason I’ve wanted to get to gold on my pages since the SOS update has been to get more books when I place a foundable and to level up. I know a lot of people are completists (or OCD) and need to get every page to gold and to star every foundable, but that’s just not something that motivates me. Thanks for the suggestion, but the more I discuss this, the more convinced I am that the game holds nothing of interest for me in the near future. That’s too bad, since I’ve been a daily player since day one.

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    #712 September, 2020, 05:48 pm.

@Hinkyjinks Just out of curiosity, why do you find running a number that is meaningless after 50 up higher and higher more fulfilling than placing stickers in a sticker book? They both seem like very arbitrary things to enjoy, so I'm having a hard time understanding why you would accept one and not the other.

#912 September, 2020, 06:48 pm.

@WSDC13888 Your book is complete? Every exploration and challenge page gold with green stars? Even the dragon pages? Have you maxed all 3 professions and learned every SOS skill? (The answer to that at least is "no" unless you're a beta player.)

Just for reference, I'm not a casual player. The only pages I have that aren't gold are 2 silver dragon pages that I'm working hard to get to gold by Tuesday. I've captured over 65,000 traces and completed over 5,000 fortresses. I hit level 60 almost a month ago and hit my current SOS score of 37,166 before that. The only profession skills I'm missing require green books, which have obviously been time gated.

I'm not confused by the sentiment entirely, although it is a bit baffling that people race to the end and then complain that they made it to the end. What is confusing to me is the idea that chasing an ever increasing level number would be considered satisfying game play but chasing other arbitrary milestones would not.

Despite all of the things I have "finished" in the game, my motivation to keep playing is to keep trying to complete the things I haven't. I need more DADA and RSB to finish SOS, I need more RSB to finish the other 2 professions. I have a number of foundables on my gold pages that still require green stars. With everything spent that I can possibly spend, I'm accumulating other currencies in the event that they will be useful for upcoming new content.

If the entire premise of the game is built on completionist acquisition, then I'm confused why anyone would question what is left to do before they have completely acquired everything.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    #1012 September, 2020, 08:09 pm.

The only things that I am missing in the game are stars for my Dragon eggs and Omnioculars, DADA books, and RSB. I have enough Scrolls, Spell Books, Field Guides, and Ministry Manualy to complete every skill tree. I'll be returning enough Omniocular during the next Brilliant Event. I have 100 Silver keys, but I don't care enough about the stars to use them for the eggs.

Even with there being little left to do, I don't think that increasing the level cap will be of any benefit, what so ever. Without content, like I pointed out earlier, it will just be a number with no reward.

• WSDC13888WSDC13888 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    #1112 September, 2020, 08:34 pm.

Being forced to ration content so you don't reach the end too quickly is a bizarre dilemma for a player to have. Especially when nobody knows when we're getting new content. Is some replayability and open-endedness really too much to ask for? The only thing left for me to do is grab RSB and DADA books, I've got all the FGs and MMs otherwise required. No green stars left to earn.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1313 September, 2020, 07:17 pm.

I am a big proponent of more levels after 60 but am also very interested in more content- actually much more content. With that being said everyone is entitled to their own opinion so it is important to hear them out.

• RaidenglRaidengl Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #1414 September, 2020, 12:18 am.

I'd be down for our XP to record past level 60 to be used at a later date. Especially if they increase levels. I'm also down for more content in what ever form that is. The HP universe is incredibly rich with content for them to draw from. Maybe they could get Joe to write some original content just for this game.

• fourplus4fourplus4 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    #1622 September, 2020, 07:28 am.

Sharing link to this thread as kinda related to some of the discussions here; suggested UI changes for level 60 players:

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/comment/57332

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    #1726 September, 2020, 01:02 pm.

Removing the level cap would at least give me something to do. We haven’t gotten any new content(pages/profession lessons) since the last Games page.

• ZimenjZimenj Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #1826 September, 2020, 02:40 pm.

i don’t see them doing this for one reason, your level:leveling up IS NOT the point of the game. The point of the game is to “collect” things. Leveling up at least as it was and has been was nothing but a way to make “catching” those things a little bit easier. There used to be an info graphic showing your probability of catching specific foundables and certain levels and at 60 you were pretty much at like 99% against an emergency with a regular extimulo. So if they changed the cap the whole scale of difficulty would have to change. OR new foundables would have to be even harder to catch than current ones which would **** low level players. OR they’d have to make an environment change like an MMORPG has new map areas where you want find any old foundables just new ones, which is really the same thing as having new pages with new foundables anyways. So if collecting things is the point, and changing The scale of the whole system is kinda impossible and would hurt more players than help, the only thing they can do is release more pages, with more new foundables of high difficulty. It’s not about playing past 60. And if your at 60 AND EVERY and I mean EVERY page is gold and green starred including the fortress registry the you won the game. Put it down. Wait for new stuff, just Like any other game ever played.

#1926 September, 2020, 06:13 pm.

We’ve been waiting for months now @Zimenj . If the point of the game is to collect things(hint: it’s not), then they probably shouldn’t have made it so easy to finish collecting things by reducing the number of fragments.

• ZimenjZimenj Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited September 27 #2027 September, 2020, 06:41 pm.

@rocketj how is that not the point. The whole premise of the game is to collect foundables. Period. If you take collecting foundables out of the game what is left? Nothing. You can’t even level up without collecting foundables. If you think it’s about community or walking outside, again, take catching foundables out of the game, you have no game. Which means, HINT, THAT IS THE GAME!

#2128 September, 2020, 12:35 am.

Fortressing is the end game @Zimenj , at least it was. Lessons are for fortresses, returning and placing foundables are for getting currency to fortress. It’s why the past 6 months of update have been worthless, they’ve done nothing to add to the end game.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2228 September, 2020, 12:52 am.

The Oddities would disagree with you in terms of what the lessons were there for, Rocketj. And the introduction of the SoS-Lessons have shifted the "endgame" (if that even deserves that name in HPWU) towards Emergency Traces.

#2328 September, 2020, 03:16 am.

@rocketj And the purpose of fortressing is to collect foundables acquirable only in the fortresses. The ultimate purpose of everything in the game is the collection of the foundables. Leveling is meant to assist in that goal. Completing fortresses is meant to assist in that goal. Lessons, both profession and SOS are to assist in that goal.

While you're welcome to play the game for any purpose you want, including making a level number go up to 60, and then consider yourself finished when you've done so, that isn't the actual intent of the game or end game for the player base as a whole.

• TalathFTalathF Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #2401 October, 2020, 09:05 pm.

I just got level 60 and managed to finish the last things I was motivated to do in the game. In short, I'm out of goals I care for in the game. That's a sad reward for achieving L60.

I am able to find motivation in strange ways, but I do need help. Show me numbers that I can build my own goals around. Show me my total WXP, show me the number placed of each foundables or fragments earned for each foundable (I happen to not care for the seen number, although it is sometimes useful for rough statistics), show me the current numbers for the various achievements, and so on.

I started to play this game to walk more and more often. I would like to keep using it for that, but the current state of my game is no longer giving me good incentives.

• aschodaaschoda Posts: 1
    edited October 5 #2505 October, 2020, 06:27 pm.

I had the same thoughts, as I went LV 60 one week ago. There are no aims in the game that are really worth playing for..

ALmost every family register is gold. The profession ready, the others as far as the red books last.

SOS : everything finished with manuals and frield guides.

What is left, is the RSB ans DADA bottleneck. But what for? To get more useless gold, XP, spells etc.?

My suggestion: At first, just continue counting the XP .

Additional levels alone won't help.

The main problem is simply the lack of new content: More family pages, more fortress levels and foes, new skill trees and so on.

Oh, I forgot, I miss the wand page in gold. So play the dark chambers, stupid!....but . wait ...more red books in shorter time?

You drive the car against the wall... and your solution is the accelerating SOS tree *sarcasm off*

What I dont understand: Why do you hit all those motivated players right in the face. Don't you want to earn money with the game?

• DeRotzDeRotz Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #2605 October, 2020, 08:10 pm.

If more levels past 60 are not going to be added, could they instead make it Bonus like everything else (Registry pages). This way earning XP still has a point and every time you reach the XP level again (probably the amount needed to reach level 60), you get a reward. They could make the rewards for reaching Bonus XP levels better as a special achievement for reaching this Bonus; maybe green spell books or DADA books each time you reach the XP.

• ShelbyEnglandShelbyEngland Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #2710 October, 2020, 03:49 pm.

I have reached Level 60 and stickered all registry items and challenge items on Gold, I feel like there is nothing more to do.

SOS lessons are now locked by DADA Books with over 20,000 field guides to spare and 9,000 manuals what do you do with them? Let alone scrolls and Red books.

There is little more to do other than Brilliant Events.

The point of the SOS lessons are to improve gameplay - but with nothing to play for what is the point.

Either they add new pages and content or players will quit. I've already seen others quit having reached Level 60.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    #2826 October, 2020, 02:19 pm.

No, no more pointless grind....lvl 60 was already a grind, now you want lvls 61-###? No.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    #2926 October, 2020, 02:23 pm.

new content, new sos tasks, new profession lesson plans, new pages and families in exploration/challenge registry, new foes in forts, new floors, new rune lvls, new ways to interact with pois (not the stupid useless charms), new mystery items, plot and spells, customisable avatar (something i can customise and see in map instead of the generic pointless 'wizard' in house colours), new items such as DDs that only spawn emergencies, or ttds that do the same. NEW CONTENT, not **** out more lvls for no reason.

• SheganerSheganer Posts: 52 ✭✭
    #3008 November, 2020, 09:21 pm.

Okay, now that i have reached lvl 60, and all but one of my pages are golden, all professions master looooong time ago........... NOW WHAT?

what is the point to continue building up skill lvls when everything is reached already!?!?

Please, its it time ... time to release the continues of the game...more lessons, more spells, more content...please!

Love this game but right now its pointless to play...

Xmas is right around the corner.... can we have continue to the game and storyline.

Thank you so much in advance!

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3109 November, 2020, 01:54 pm.

Please, its it time ... time to release the continues of the game...more lessons, more spells, more content...

You make it sound like you knew that they already had all of that (Lessons, Spells, Content, etc) designed and implemented... and merely needed to "release" it.

I find that highly unlikely. IT development requires time, lots of time.

That's why I think that they don't have any "Post-L60 Content" prepared... and that it will take a really REALLY REALLY long time before it is implemented and released. Patience.