We're aware of an issue where some players are unable to access the app. If you're experiencing this issue, please write into support. Web Contact Form
Dragon eggs — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Dragon eggs

LinnettbirdLinnettbird Posts: 6 ✭✭
in Other In-Game Events #1 latest comment 14 September, 2020, 07:24 pm.

Is the only way of getting dragon egg fragments by unlocking portkeys? All the eggs I still need (Chinese Fireball, Welsh Green, Antipodean Opaleye) are saying they need 12 fragments - are the portkeys giving out multiple fragments each time? It feels like a huge amount of portkeys that would need to be unlocked which (notwithstanding the amt of keys needed!!) is also a nightmare for me because I'm shielding so not exactly going out at the moment!

Comments

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    edited September 10 #210 September, 2020, 03:57 pm.

One fragment per portkey. A really cynical and inconsiderate move during these times.

• LinnettbirdLinnettbird Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #310 September, 2020, 03:59 pm.

That is APPALLING 😩

• PhoenixLight76PhoenixLight76 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #410 September, 2020, 04:15 pm.

Not only that but when you do walk you’re only getting about 1/2 the credit on the port key. I measured it out all day yesterday. They WANT you to buy keys so they can make $$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    #510 September, 2020, 05:22 pm.

But that is part and parcel of a game. We can't complain about that :) It is fair that Dragons page is harder than rest to acquire even during an event and hence, difficult to gold. As long as spawns are good, we shouldn't be complaining :)

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
    #611 September, 2020, 11:25 am.

@Dragons1111 Generally I would agree with you. The problem is that there are many players around the world who still live in strict lockdown conditions because of which you're not allowed to go out without a serious reason. So after all the HPWU events which were changed so they fit these conditions, it's inconsiderate to have exactly the Dragon event so portkey-focused. They could've made it in a way that you get eggs as fortress foundables, but maybe on a lower rate, so it's not too easy. Right now the Dragons pages are not "harder" (to use your words) to finish for some player - they are impossible.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    #711 September, 2020, 07:52 pm.

yeah. it's impossible without spending tons of cash, which I'm assuming was the point. The devs have no concern about the virus and don't care they made it next to impossible for most. Sure tons of guides and manuals but nothing else without spending endless amounts on keys. Total greed

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #811 September, 2020, 08:54 pm.

I disagree @CBG92. There is nothing that says everyone is supposed to be able to get a page to full gold just because it's featured in an event. It's fun when it happens, but expecting each event to be designed to allow all players to complete a page is bound to cause frustration.

In particular, I think this event is designed with the idea that most people won't actually finish the dragon pages. That way there will still be some excitement the next time there is a dragon event. On the other hand, if most people finish the dragon pages this week then next time dragons appear no one will care.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    #911 September, 2020, 09:37 pm.

@MtPollux I know most people do. just voicing my opinion

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    #1013 September, 2020, 02:30 am.

I'm not even in Bronze yet.... What is frustrating to me is - I am just waiting for a set of portkeys to move to next stage. Forget not being able to walk a lot during coronavirus time or due to the forest fires, I'm having so many issues with portkeys registering the distance no matter how much i try - that is a big issue for me. Nevertheless, I have realized developers can't do anything about these things right now - portkey issues, fragment issues, fragments returned but not registering, confirm button for placing. So, best to take a short break and come back when things are better :)

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    edited September 13 #1113 September, 2020, 03:43 am.

I've had moments my portkeys didn't sync properly with adventure sync. Turned out my Bluetooth was the big culprit. Once I turned it off, it goes way better.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1214 September, 2020, 03:05 pm.

I may finally clear one of the Dragon pages but I then need 7 each of the red and opal port keys by tomorrow morning which isn’t likely to happen. I can also go out for walks unlike some places around the world, so it’s a very odd thing to do. Be nice if they gave extra fragments. Even 2 from a single port key would be great.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭
    #1314 September, 2020, 07:24 pm.

You need 30 of each dragon egg to get from Silver to Gold. That's 120 KM to prestige both pages from Silver to Gold! I actually spent money on 14 silver keys (I didn't realize when I bought the first set of 4 that there was an option to buy 10🤦‍♀️) plus used the 20 or so I had saved, 2 I earned from leveling up, and probably 3 or four that I got from random prizes. I also, of course, have been using the gold key continuously. Having ten going at once a few times helped me to level from Basic to Silver on Oddities III and from Bronze to Silver on Oddities IV but since 120 Portkeys to open is ridiculous (!) I am just spending the rest of the time opening one at a time to build up as many eggs as possible while placing the dragons over and over for Ministry Manuals and the other prizes you receive from returning traces and leveling up. So, even though it would be really nice to get more eggs, I'm still having fun catching dragons!